The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Holloway..........its a great campus, a better rep for employment!
There is no significant employment difference between Surrey and RHUL. Tell your friend to go to whichever he prefers after visiting them of course. I would favour the Surrey course because of its year in industry, but i'd imagine there wouldn't be much difficult doing a year out in RHUL.
Reply 3
As above people have said, either is fine. Just tell him to take as many quantitative modules as possible. The more the better, especially if he intends on doing an MSc.
Reply 4
Ive got an offer from both, Im going to put surrey as my insurance amd royal holloway as my firm. It depends on your friend what he would prefer, they are both campus unis, but the vibe i got from surrey is that its a more fun place than RH. Surrey has good employment stats but this is due to the placement year, 70-80% of surrey students do it, so for your friend to be employable like them he would have to do that year, whether he likes the idea of not. With Royal holloway you have the carreer services of the uni of london, so the same services are offered to you that LSE and UCL students receive. So it all depends on what your friend prefers at the end of the day, but im firming RH, if you have any questions PM coz i visisted both.