The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I was wondering this too :smile:
Reply 2
Its amazing!!! :biggrin: I was a bit put off with living in London at first but its really good :smile:
Its not somewhere I would choose to live but hey, its only for 2 years! And Camden is such an incredible place..theres the market and loooads of really nice pubs etc :woo:

Its definately not a cheap place to live but sooo worth it to be a student at the RVC!!
Reply 3
What is it like to be a stuent at the RVC? Well, I've been at the RVC for 4 years this June and I can firmly say that I love it.

Camden is spectacular, but grubby. There is always something to do, somewhere to go, something to see. However, you have to be careful about wandering about alone and have your wits about you all the time.

So far I have discovered some brilliant places, made some marvellous friends and learnt more than I could imagine. The teaching is stimulating and exciting - they are always asking the students how to develop it and thinking about new and exciting ways for us to learn.

Camden is also developing as a campus. New social spaces are under construction and there are state of the art labs and study spaces.

Personally, I have found the close knit community a really great environment to learn in. However, I'd recommend getting stuck in with all the ULU groups so you don't get over exposure to all things vetty.
Reply 4
Asako

Personally, I have found the close knit community a really great environment to learn in. However, I'd recommend getting stuck in with all the ULU groups so you don't get over exposure to all things vetty.

I was just wondering.....how easy is it to get involved with the clubs and societies at ULU?? Because I would be quite keen to get involved with some sports clubs :smile: Also what sports are on offer both when at Camden then when you go out to Hawkshead?

Thankyou very much!!! :p:
Reply 5
samz56 your offers are amazing! Wish I was in your position! Are you a reapplicant and where would you rather go?
Reply 6
ClaraaralC
samz56 your offers are amazing! Wish I was in your position! Are you a reapplicant and where would you rather go?

Thankyou!!! :p: Yep i'm a third time applicant :smile: so took me a while but it was worth the wait

I don't knoooooowwww where to choose, this is my problem :o: i'm getting more muddled and confused everyday!!
Reply 7
A RVC student told me there was a harry potter society or something like that at ULU? I am so joining that if there is i am very cool as you can tell :p:
Reply 8
Northern
A RVC student told me there was a harry potter society or something like that at ULU? I am so joining that if there is i am very cool as you can tell :p:

Lol! There is :p: I signed up to it for a laugh at the Freshers Fayre....they emailed me about organising a game of Quidditch in Regents park..........:cool:
Reply 9
blahhh
Lol! There is :p: I signed up to it for a laugh at the Freshers Fayre....they emailed me about organising a game of Quidditch in Regents park..........:cool:

OMG that sounds so amazingly sad i bet it's a load of people running around with brushes strapped to the side of their legs:p: You should have gone just to watch what it was like would have been comedy gold :biggrin:
Reply 10
We played Quidditch as a joke in our last lax lesson of term. It was hilarious, we were all running around in capes with our lax sticks between our legs!

Sorry to invade the thread, but I have a friend (who doesn't use TSR) who is going to RVC next year, and she wants to know whether if you intercalate your degree you spend an extra year in Camden or in Hawkshead? Apologies if that is a really stupid question!
Reply 11
oaktrees

Sorry to invade the thread, but I have a friend (who doesn't use TSR) who is going to RVC next year, and she wants to know whether if you intercalate your degree you spend an extra year in Camden or in Hawkshead? Apologies if that is a really stupid question!

Well the RVC only does one intercalated degree which is veterinary pathology which is taught at hawkshead. If you want to do another degree like zoology for example you could go to one of the other University of London unis which are mostly based in Bloomsbury i think which is next to camden. However you can also go to another university to do an intercalated degree like conservation medicine at liverpool :smile:
Reply 12
Northern
OMG that sounds so amazingly sad i bet it's a load of people running around with brushes strapped to the side of their legs:p: You should have gone just to watch what it was like would have been comedy gold :biggrin:

Haha I know :p: I bet it was hilarious for people walking by! :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending