The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
haettest du es gewusst, wuerdest du nichts gesagt haben.
Reply 21
Hätte ich gewusst, würde ich noch etwas gesagt haben:

I already said the passive. And anything else is more a natural evolution of what was already done, so not necessarily difficult. BTW, it may well have just been my school but we did most of that at GCSE.
Reply 22
if you have a look on the AQA syllabus for both AS and GCSE german then you'll see there are considerable differences.
Reply 23
OK, not addressing anyone in particular, but you really don't have to understand German grammar to get A's. You need to learn blocks of texts and have a general idea and wideish vocab. I'd know. :biggrin:
Reply 24
hummmf that defeats the point :frown:
Reply 25
plus if you cant manipulate the grammar then you'll lose out big style in your writing and oral exams.
Reply 26
Fleece
plus if you cant manipulate the grammar then you'll lose out big style in your writing and oral exams.
not really! if you have loads of blocks of text in your head, you manipulate them an ickle!
Why are there so many ignorant people around nowadays?
Any as/a level syllabus will show you the new grammar points to be learned that differentiate from GCSEs.. there's not really any point in showing how good you are in German to try and prove this wrong; there are extra grammar bits, and lots of them.
Reply 28
Saffie
not really! if you have loads of blocks of text in your head, you manipulate them an ickle!

why bother doing german at alevel then? because you dont actually want to learn it by doing it this way. you're not going to come out of it actually being able to use german so its pointless
Reply 29
afireinside©
Why are there so many ignorant people around nowadays?
Any as/a level syllabus will show you the new grammar points to be learned that differentiate from GCSEs.. there's not really any point in showing how good you are in German to try and prove this wrong; there are extra grammar bits, and lots of them.
Excuse me?!?! Are you calling me ignorant!? Yes, there are extra grammar bits, I'm not disputing it. I'm saying you don't need to fully understand it to get an A!!
Reply 30
Fleece
why bother doing german at alevel then? because you dont actually want to learn it by doing it this way. you're not going to come out of it actually being able to use german so its pointless
I'm not saying i WANT to do it this way. It's just easier. It's not pointless because I am learning grammer and vocab, just on the grammer front- not fast enough to produce amazing A-grade stuff under exam conditions. If there's a short-cut- learning a few facts that might come up-I'll take it!
Saffie
Excuse me?!?! Are you calling me ignorant!? Yes, there are extra grammar bits, I'm not disputing it. I'm saying you don't need to fully understand it to get an A!!

Lol - I wasn't talking about you.. :redface:
Reply 32
Saffie
I'm not saying i WANT to do it this way. It's just easier. It's not pointless because I am learning grammer and vocab, just on the grammer front- not fast enough to produce amazing A-grade stuff under exam conditions. If there's a short-cut- learning a few facts that might come up-I'll take it!

quite ironic :p:
Reply 33
Fleece
quite ironic :p:
that always gets me :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending