The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Welcome To Reading Uni

To all of you coming to Reading as your first choice, and even to those who are coming here through clearing (and may be a little bitter right now!) welcome to the uni that never seems to sleep!

You've all done very well to get into a place like Reading and believe me, in terms of the social aspect of things, you really have come to one of the best uni's in the country!! (believe me you'll know exactly what I'm talking about in a couple of months) Anyway see u all around campus I'm sure, don't get nervous, I was in exactly the same situation that you were in this time last year!!

CU in september freshers

LivinItLarge

Going into part II Politics & IR

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was thinking about making a thread for the 05 freshers too actually, since the sticky is now somewhat out of date...

Anyway, I'm starting Computer Science I at Reading this year :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
hi there im comin to reading to do physical geography , i was so excited to get my acceptance letter , im a bit nervous tho but im sure ill get over that! is anyone else here doing physical geography?
I'm coming to do history, looking forward to it already :cool:
Reply 4
Plenty to look forward top, and ignore Dero, if he annoys you, just slag of Black and White :wink:
Reply 5
Im coming to do Ancient History and Archaeology. Cant wait! I just got my accomodation stuff through and Im in Bulmershe halls. Looks nice :biggrin:
Reply 6
I got into Reading to do land management. Got ccommodation letter thru the other day and im in at Wantage!
Any other ppl who doing same course or in same accom?
Reply 7
Welcome folks.

going into my second year doing History and IR. I was in St Patricks last year so you have any questions ask away (here or by PM)
Reply 8
I got my accomodation stuff through yesterday. I am in Bullmershe halls. Anyone know much about Bulmerhse? I havent seen many things said about it. It looks the newest/nicest halls from what I have seen. I am in a room with en-suite and self catered. I like the idea of having meals with the rest of the people in my "flat" and should be fun. However, the fact that Bulmershe is a mile or so off main campus is a bit worrying, incase it is harder to meet new people and make more friends.

Anyone have anything to say about Bulmershe?
Reply 9
I'm doing social work at Reading this October so hi. I'm going by myself so when i know my halls i'll post...
Reply 10
I'm doing English/History combined at Reading in October -Also wondering which halls i'll be in! (Insurance choice -don't diss!)
Reply 11
Im studying Pharmacy at Reading Uni, and really looking forward to studying the course..
Although I am a bit nervous about leaving home though..

Ill be in Childs Hall.... Any feedback on what this hall of residence is like?
Reply 12
paddy123
I got my accomodation stuff through yesterday. I am in Bullmershe halls. Anyone know much about Bulmerhse? I havent seen many things said about it. It looks the newest/nicest halls from what I have seen. I am in a room with en-suite and self catered. I like the idea of having meals with the rest of the people in my "flat" and should be fun. However, the fact that Bulmershe is a mile or so off main campus is a bit worrying, incase it is harder to meet new people and make more friends.

Anyone have anything to say about Bulmershe?

Bulmershe is pretty damn good. Its not far whatsoever, (its right next to st pats) its literaly a walk up a path and across the main road and you're at the campus entrance. Its actually nice to be off campus tbh, and you're close to a row of shops which is helpful (chemist/takeaway/threshers/cornershop/indian restuarant etc)

it does seem to have quite a few 2/3/4th years. many ppl returning from living out for a year etc. i had a friend living there and she loved the en-suite and extra room.
Reply 13
lummox
I'm doing English/History combined at Reading in October -Also wondering which halls i'll be in! (Insurance choice -don't diss!)

I was insurance too, dont worry about halls, they were v good with me and my friends, you should knwo where u r going by the end of freshers if you have to move
Reply 14
Can I please have some honest opinions on Childs Hall?

Thanks.
Reply 15
There's a whole thread about it here. My sister went there, so i've seen it a couple of times, bit dated but she loved it there, good social atmosphere.
Reply 16
i choose some really old nice looking hall.. cant remember what it was called. went to open day and was told childs will be best to party hard, and they have more money for events and facility upgrades so i changed my choice and got into childs.
Reply 17
MattG
Bulmershe is pretty damn good. Its not far whatsoever, (its right next to st pats) its literaly a walk up a path and across the main road and you're at the campus entrance. Its actually nice to be off campus tbh, and you're close to a row of shops which is helpful (chemist/takeaway/threshers/cornershop/indian restuarant etc)

it does seem to have quite a few 2/3/4th years. many ppl returning from living out for a year etc. i had a friend living there and she loved the en-suite and extra room.

Ermmm... Bulmershe is no where near St.Pats. Sherfield and The Student Village are next to St. Pats. Bulmershe is on Bulmershe campus, which is the other side of the main campus, and then a bit further.
It's not unreasonably far away, and that campus has it's own mini-union anyway I seem to remember.
google maps showing bulmershe court and main campus

fyska

Anyway, I'm starting Computer Science I at Reading this year

heh heh.. I get to mark your work! :p: (well, possibly... ahhh, the life of a PhD!)
Reply 18
Thanks for the info on Bulmershe. I am sure I will have a great time there anyway :biggrin:
Reply 19
Im going to do Chemistry at Reading. Im in Whitenights Hall. im really nervous bout going! Neone know anything bout whiteknights or generally how to settle in easy?

Latest

Trending

Trending