The Student Room Group

French Speaking GCSE?

Basically, I'm doing Edexcel French and there's 5 unit topics which we have to learn. We did them in class and our teacher checked them, then she made a photocopy and we did some practice speaking tests. But since then, I've had a French tutor helping me with speaking, since neither of my parents can speak French. She's changed loads of the French in my topics, to make the grammar and vocabulary more varied, and now I have to re-learn loads, which I'm fine with, but is this ok? We don't have to stick to what the teacher marked, do we?
As far as I know, no. You basically say what you want to say, if that makes any sense.

Bonne Chance! :smile:
Reply 2
LittleMissCurious
Basically, I'm doing Edexcel French and there's 5 unit topics which we have to learn. We did them in class and our teacher checked them, then she made a photocopy and we did some practice speaking tests. But since then, I've had a French tutor helping me with speaking, since neither of my parents can speak French. She's changed loads of the French in my topics, to make the grammar and vocabulary more varied, and now I have to re-learn loads, which I'm fine with, but is this ok? We don't have to stick to what the teacher marked, do we?

If your teacher had already checked them.. why was there still loads of grammar errors?..
Perhaps your tutor just extended the vocab/grammar in terms of fluency and accuracy.. if she is a good tutor I'd go with what shes written, just make sure the pronunciation is right and it should be fine.
Only aren't your aurals coming up pretty soon.. you better start learning them quicklyyyy :biggrin:
But yeh its fine whatever you say/write.. just so long as it makes sense. It doesn't matter at all what your teacher has marked, a more adapted answer it better anyway!
Mine are on the 7th May :eek3:
Good luck :smile:
NattyNat02
If your teacher had already checked them.. why was there still loads of grammar errors?..
Perhaps your tutor just extended the vocab/grammar in terms of fluency and accuracy.. if she is a good tutor I'd go with what shes written, just make sure the pronunciation is right and it should be fine.
Only aren't your aurals coming up pretty soon.. you better start learning them quicklyyyy :biggrin:
But yeh its fine whatever you say/write.. just so long as it makes sense. It doesn't matter at all what your teacher has marked, a more adapted answer it better anyway!
Mine are on the 7th May :eek3:
Good luck :smile:

There weren't any errors, but the grammar and vocab weren't varied enough, so she changed it.
Mine are on the 5th! :eek3:
Good luck to you too! :smile:
Reply 4
LittleMissCurious
There weren't any errors, but the grammar and vocab weren't varied enough, so she changed it.
Mine are on the 5th! :eek3:
Good luck to you too! :smile:

Oh ok.. i probably got the same problem lol, just no tutor to change mine.. :frown:
Ah well.. i'm gonna start learning mine soon.. hopefully should be ok.
Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending