The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
*Darcie*
You are basing it on one case? Are you really that stupid?

The case speaks for itself, Liverpool has a gang culture. If you were intelligent you would know the different between stupidity and ignorance, anyway Liverpool is notorious for crime. Look at the stats http://www.upmystreet.com/local/crime-in-liverpool.html
MrPhil
So nobody said anything about the shocking murder of Rhys Jones?

I am pretty sure they did, but I certainly haven't heard much about the 20 murdered since then, have you?
Reply 82
RiverRubble
yeh Huyton

Obviously places like Croxteth, Norris Green etc have well documented problems. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that they are the most dangerous areas in the UK today. I think that the media attention the Rhys Jones case attracted has made it out to be worse than it actually is, as with many places in the UK.
The whole of the UK is dangerous apart from the good parts of London. So glad I only live in Chelsea when I go back to the UK.
at the end of the day everywhere in the UK is relatively safe. The most dangerous places probably are the hills where farmers roam with shotguns. UK cities are like Gardens of Eden when compared with the ones of the US
Reply 85
*Darcie*
Obviously places like Croxteth, Norris Green etc have well documented problems. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that they are the most dangerous areas in the UK today. I think that the media attention the Rhys Jones case attracted has made it out to be worse than it actually is, as with many places in the UK.

Killing an innocent kid walking home from football with two similar age mates in a pub car park looks pretty terrible to me. This doesn't happen in Elmbridge or Surrey.
Reply 86
M1F2R3
The case speaks for itself, Liverpool has a gang culture. If you were intelligent you would know the different between stupidity and ignorance, anyway Liverpool is notorious for crime. Look at the stats http://www.upmystreet.com/local/crime-in-liverpool.html

Too. Stupid. To. Warrant. Decent. Response.
Reply 87
RiverRubble
at the end of the day everywhere in the UK is relatively safe. The most dangerous places probably are the hills where farmers roam with shotguns. UK cities are like Gardens of Eden when compared with the ones of the US

I own a shotgun and I'm not dangerous :lolwut:
M1F2R3
I own a shotgun and I'm not dangerous :lolwut:

I bet you also believe your sister isn't your mother

I wouldn't set foot in Wales for all the tea in China
Reply 89
*Darcie*
Too. Stupid. To. Warrant. Decent. Response.

At the end of the day you are just being stubborn. You cannot even think of a decent come back to the crime rate post. I hope you have an alarm system, the stats aren't great.

The actual stats according to Merseyside police for 2009 are:

Anti social behaviour: 5936.7 cases
Violence: 1439 cases
Car crime: 1026.3
Robbery: [street muggings] 162
Burglary: 1356

These are not fantastic stats.
winchester :gangster:
M1F2R3
At the end of the day you are just being stubborn. You cannot even think of a decent come back to the crime rate post. I hope you have an alarm system, the stats aren't great.

to be fair you said 'the most dangerous places probably are the hills where farmers roam with shotguns' which isn't exactly objective, so you can't really wave your 'crime rate "facts"' around
Reply 92
Doyle&TheFourFathers
to be fair you said 'the most dangerous places probably are the hills where farmers roam with shotguns' which isn't exactly objective, so you can't really wave your 'crime rate "facts"' around

Facts are facts, plus RiverRubble said 'the most dangerous places probably are the hills where farmers roam with shotguns', not me.
Reply 93
M1F2R3

Those stats did not show anything. Get me some decent comparison stats from a reliable source and we'll talk. If you were an intelligent person with some valid points, I'd be happy to debate with you all day, but you are just a mis-informed little kid and I'm not getting anything useful out of it tbh.
M1F2R3
Facts are facts

And I quote the first line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_statistics

'Crime statistics attempt to provide statistical measures of the crime in societies. Given that crime is secretive by nature, measurements of it are likely to be inaccurate.'
Esher
Reply 96
Liverpool
The areas of Wythenshawe, Moss Side, Salford, Cheetham Hill, Longsight, Gorton, Old Trafford in Manchester are reknowned up and down the country for being rough places, whereas the rough areas of say Nottingham, Birmingham are only known locally unless the media happens to document them like Aston with the two girls getting murdered or St Anns with Daniel Beccan. The gang culture is prevelant in these areas and the gangs are styling themselves on America's gangs now.
Reply 98
*Darcie*
Those stats did not show anything. Get me some decent comparison stats from a reliable source and we'll talk. If you were an intelligent person with some valid points, I'd be happy to debate with you all day, but you are just a mis-informed little kid and I'm not getting anything useful out of it tbh.

Those stats show how much crime happens in Liverpool if you compare it to Newcastle, there was 400 less burglaries in 2009 than Liverpool, around 40 less street muggings and violence was about the same. As Socrates said "true knowledge is knowing that you know nothing :wink: ". I doubt the Home Office is misinforming the public.
bananaslug77
Most people think Glasgow is horrible but it actually has some really nice areas.

I would have said from my experience that Aberdeen can be pretty bad - it seems whenever I'm on Union Street at night there's always some police breaking up a fight or an ambulance taking away some poor KO'd person.

Aberdeen... really?!? I thought of Aberdeen as being nice, I've been looking at it for a possibility for uni as well :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending