The Student Room Group
Reply 1
My friend is at Newcastle Uni and she loves it! She loves the city and says night out are good lots of clubs, bars etc to choose from and nights out are really cheap as drinks are very cheap. I know she has been to a few drum n bass club nights. Shopping is great in Newcastle too and there is so much to see and do there. Hope that helps a bit! :smile:
voke66
Im starting graphic design BA this year an i dont have a clue which uni to accept!
:hmmmm2:
any help on:
Nightlife - eg:girls, clubs, pubs, drum n bass scene
Price for students - basicly how much will i be spendin to get pissd lol!
Course
General things about the cities i cant think of...

This is my first thread btw so help me out!lol :woo: :smile:

Hi, I go to Northumbria at the moment. I can't speak for Nottingham but the nightlife here is amazing. I thought I'd be spending quite a bit on nights out but it's actually pretty cheap. A lot of clubs do different music of different nights and quite a few have drum & bass at least one night of the week. Northumbria's also a really good uni for any design subject, I do architecture. We've just had the new design school but, if you want a bit more info on Graphic Design see if you can find AliceNUFriend on here, she does graphics and can probably give you a bit more info than I can.
Hi!
I do Graphic Design at Northumbria and its really good course really varied and fun and if you get to oppurtunity to go on the Amsterdam trip you deffinately should! Any questions about the course? Nightlife in Newcastle is really good, its really cheap! theres loads of students because there is two Uni's. The good thing is that there are so many places to go you can choose where to go each night depending what sort of music you want to listen to or if you want to dance or even just a quiet drink. There is also the student Union which is being refurbished at the minute with different venues and gigs.
Newcastle generally is a really nice city, its got lots of different types of people, loads and loads of places to eat and shop and lots of galleries such as the baltic overall its a really good city to live in for a range of experiences.
Hope that helps if you have any questions just ask me!
Alice
Hope this helps