The Student Room Group

my french result story

just found out my actual marks for my french A2 having happily heard yesterday it was an A.

well last year i scaped an A by one mark with 241/300 having got a C in oral. so this year i retook my AS listening and oral and did the A2.

AS: oral: 86/90
listening: 90/90
reading/writing: 116/120

A2: oral: 56/90
literature: 58/90
writing/listening/reading: 74/120

although i felt cheated in those last three low marks :mad: , that added up to 480/600, which is just what i needed. one mark lower and i'd be pissed :biggrin:

sorry if that came off as inappropriate in this forum but i'm just feeling relieved!
Congrats! :congrats: Bet you're really glad you retook those 2 AS modules now!
Reply 2
cheers tho i'm not looking for congratulations!

do you know if the universities get to see these marks for entry in september 2006? i know they didnt use to but i'm not so sure now...worried that they won't like to see three C's in the A2 exam (and an extremely low A).
peperharow
cheers tho i'm not looking for congratulations!

do you know if the universities get to see these marks for entry in september 2006? i know they didnt use to but i'm not so sure now...worried that they won't like to see three C's in the A2 exam (and an extremely low A).

I've heard some rumours floating around :tsr: that from 2006 entry onwards, they do see your individual module marks, but whether they see our AS marks before we apply (or A2 marks in your case) or just A2 marks when they get sent the results, I'm not sure. I think it may be the latter, so if someone needed an A in maths and got a B but their B was 479/600, the universities would see that automatically rather than the applicant having to ring them. You could always resit one or more A2 modules in your gap year though.

Latest

Trending

Trending