The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

im just so paranoid about my legs. iv always felt that they were really short and disproportionate compared to the rest of my body. my dad always calls me 'fat legs' and both my bf and my ex have said that i have chunky legs and "legs like a man". whenever i lose weight it just drops off my top half but my legs stay just as chubby...
They just look like normal legs, hardly fat! Difficult to tell when they are covered up though.
Adonis
her calves I am assuming?
They are bigger than mine lol but again - genetics.

yeah im talking about my calves. they just seem HUGE compared to my slight frame. and btw im not white, im chinese. which makes it worse because all of my chinese relatives have the skinnest legs :frown:
Reply 23
They need to be toned
Reply 24
thats_my_poison
yeah im talking about my calves. they just seem HUGE compared to my slight frame. and btw im not white, im chinese. which makes it worse because all of my chinese relatives have the skinnest legs :frown:
lol
I was actually going to make a quick edit saying;
Asian people except chinese have small calves lol
but I told it's genetics.
They dont look fat, they are fine. You look pretty sexy to me :smile:
nope, they look fine...wear some heels makes them look/feel slimmer... if its really bothering you :smile:
or just spend all summer walking round with me and they'll look teeny lol
iv got proper tree trunks... bit like an ent me...(i so hope someone gets that... or iv truely lost control of my geekery)
x
thats_my_poison
i absolutely hate my legs. my body is really out of proportion so im skinny on top but my legs are really chunky and short. do they look really bad? what can i do to make them look skinnier/longer? obviously with summer coming up everyone's gonna be in skirts and for once i dont want to have to hide away in jeans!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49078214@N04/4496519641/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49078214@N04/4496517719/

:facepalm:
Adonis
lol
I was actually going to make a quick edit saying;
Asian people except chinese have small calves lol
but I told it's genetics.

no most chinese people do have small calves. my sister is a tiny bit slimmer than me but her legs are so skinny in comparison to mine. god im dreading the summer!
Reply 29
Your boyfriend, ex and dad are mean.

I feel your pain though, black tights and heals as others have said.
thats_my_poison
im just so paranoid about my legs. iv always felt that they were really short and disproportionate compared to the rest of my body. my dad always calls me 'fat legs' and both my bf and my ex have said that i have chunky legs and "legs like a man". whenever i lose weight it just drops off my top half but my legs stay just as chubby...

Yeah, I'm the same. Whenever I have tried to lose weight it comes off my top half :rolleyes:

NO, but OP I don't think your legs are big, they look nice to me :biggrin:
Reply 31
Heels :smile:
they're fine, you need to stop bruising them though
Reply 33
Legs are fine, dont worry ^^

Please get a pedicure!!
yeah heels do make my legs look better but obviously i cant walk to uni in 4in heels haha.
Reply 35
thats_my_poison
no most chinese people do have small calves. my sister is a tiny bit slimmer than me but her legs are so skinny in comparison to mine. god im dreading the summer!

ok, maybe not all but of the asians I've seen chinese people with some massive ass calves, never seen south asians with big ass calves
as I mentioned before, your calves connect really low, so even if you became really lean they would still look "big" compared to the rest of you.
but it's minor issue. you look fine otherwise.
Adonis
If you mean her calves, then no.
I've already explained why [how her calves attach] they look relatively big.
but then she is white, and white people have big calves anyway, so relative to whites it's very normal.

My god your posts in this thread are utter bull.
Adonis
ok, maybe not all but of the asians I've seen chinese people with some massive ass calves, never seen south asians with big ass calves
as I mentioned before, your calves connect really low, so even if you became really lean they would still look "big" compared to the rest of you.
but it's minor issue. you look fine otherwise.

so you're saying even if i lost a stone my legs would still look disproportionately large?
Reply 38
thats_my_poison
so you're saying even if i lost a stone my legs would still look disproportionately large?

the calves, yes.
hold a second ... pics to follow explaining this ..lol
Reply 39
Wear heels, it'll make them look better.

Not sure how or why i know that, but its true.

Latest