The Student Room Group
Harpreet Kaur
Hey, i was just wondering about the whole UKCAT taking place this year, is it any different to previous years? Any general tips? Thanks :smile:

Hi there, I doubt it is any different this year, maybe you should try the search function. It should supply you with all the relevant advice. All I will say is practise makes perfect.
Reply 2
thank you!!! :wink:
I think some of the sections have less questions or more time this year, I can't find a link atm but fairly sure I saw a thread about it.

It's not hugely different anyway.
Reply 4
There is a difference. The UKCAT Consortium have decided to decrease the number of questions on quantative reasoning by 4 and increase the time by 1 minute, decrease time on I think non-cognitive analysis by 3 minutes and an increase in decision analysis by 2 questions and an increase in time of 2 minutes. Hope that helps.

Tips;
Practise a bit - it won't improve your knowledge but will get you used to the format.
Don't panic.
Take some water (I pleaded with the invigilator who finaslly let me take some - it helps in the minute gap between tests).
There are loads of books you can get with practice questions for each section and a couple of practice tests on the UKCAT website, so you know what you're up against. Try not to let doing badly in one section throw you off, for example running out of time, it's normal. Take a deep breath and move onto the next with a clean head. Get good at blocking out your surroundings as you'll be in a room with driving school theory test people whose test is shorter than yours. Practice speed reading, work quickly but accurately and try not to second guess yourself too much, go with gut instinct. Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Heres the link, full of information and discussion - check it out:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1234517

Hope it helps.

Latest

Trending

Trending