The Student Room Group

Horrible itch

Basically quite embarrasing... so leave anon <3

but for the last week ive had a really really really itchy anus

like i cant concentrate on ANYTHING after about 6-7pm wich is when its really bad, its enfuriating

i really dont have the time to go to the doctors especially with the very limited free time they have at the moment

i dno what it is. i did check my faeces and there werent any worms, so i dno if thats ruled out?
but it does feel like somethings moving but that cud just be my nerves irritated

i dno but im STRESSSSED out and dno what to do :frown:

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Please keep all replies sensible :smile:
go see a doctor. or get bummed regularly? :lol:
Reply 3
Hmm,
Threadworms maybe - not something which is likely to be spottable in ****.

Get that tablet, I forgot what it's called, but they give one tablet to kill it, and you have to get one two weeks afterwards to kill the eggs of the worms they have hatched :s-smilie:. I fink its Onex or something, but just ask in store.

G'Luck.
In all seriousness, you could try lubing up your butthole? Maybe that'd sooth the itch? :dontknow:
do you have hair there irratating it?
sweating? underwear - thong etc?

have you tried creams? like vagisil (itchy vagina, possibly something out there for itchy anus..)

or googled your symptoms (always works :p: )

BTW. its normally something simple, so dont assume the worst.
Reply 6
Really sounds like threadworms but can't get a definitive diagnosis here.

Go to your GP.
Reply 7
Could be dry skin, have you got any aqueous cream in the cupboard?

Its unlikely to be worms but it is possible, especially if the itchings only at night.
Reply 8
im a guy and i havent tried anything :/
googling gave all sorts of wierd **** tho

it does seem to be worse if ive been hot/sweating a bit
My little brother had worms once years ago, must have caught them at nursery, and my whole family had to take a tablet.....started with a P.... Pripisen? Something like that. I am to this day thankful I never got them, my poor brother was so frustrated by them!
Reply 10
kamc
Could be dry skin, have you got any aqueous cream in the cupboard?

Its unlikely to be worms but it is possible, especially if the itchings only at night.

Threadworms act most at night, because my cousin has that problem every so often. They "move" around in your anus, a much grotesque image but yeah =\
Anonymous
im a guy and i havent tried anything :/
googling gave all sorts of wierd **** tho

it does seem to be worse if ive been hot/sweating a bit

sorry dude.
hm, does it go away after shower?

talc should do it :smile:

or sudocreame

(ok, dont trust google then :rofl: )

if it persists for any longer go to GP.
Reply 12
well i read some thing about taking a shallow bath in hot salt water

in all honesty that sounds PAIIINFUL but i might give it a go
Reply 13
yeah i also read that threadworms act worse at night wich is what made me more worried about that
Right. Firstly, use Vaseline or Sudocrem on the itchy area - this will really soothe it, and is far better than scratching it (which will just make it worse!). It's best to do this just after a shower, but I'm sure if you wash your hands before/after it's fine to do it at other times.

Also, threadworms tend to lay eggs (which causes the itching) at the times when you're sedentary. Do you find this is when it's worst? Next time it's bad, try wiping around/just inside the area of the itch with some loo roll, and then check it out to see if you can see any worms. If you can then you know what the problem is! If you can't, try it a few more times when it's itching. They're not that tricky to spot - the females go to the anus to lay the eggs, so they hang about there. If you do see some, go and buy some threadworm stuff from a pharmacy to get rid of the buggers. Just taking the tablets is not enough, though - you'd need to be VERY strictly hygienic as well. The tablets kill the worms, but not the eggs, which can apparently live to six weeks or something like that. So you'd have to make sure all your underwear and bedclothes are super-clean, and maybe even wear thin gloves at night to ensure you don't do any inappropriate scratching when asleep! Be very careful to wash your hands thoroughly before you eat.

Of course, it might not be threadworms - it could just be that your anus is irritated and dry. In this case, the aforementioned Vaseline/Sudocrem should really help. Don't think that it's dirt causing the problem - don't use chemicals/perfumed products to clean the area as that's likely to make it worse by stripping natural and healthy oils from the skin. Just use water.

If it's not either of these things, I'm stumped! In that case you probably should go to the doctor in case it's something more serious (although I imagine this is very unlikely!).

By the way, I'm not a med student or anything - I've just had similar problems :colondollar:
Reply 15
well this sounds disgusting but here goes..

just went to the toilet and had a 'root around' really cant see anything up there

now its alot more itchy now ive been to the bathroom
dno if that means anything either
Reply 16
Anonymous
well this sounds disgusting but here goes..

just went to the toilet and had a 'root around' really cant see anything up there

now its alot more itchy now ive been to the bathroom
dno if that means anything either

:eek2: how did you manage to see up there

When you were "exploring" did your bum-oley or the area around it feel/look a bit dry? My guess would be you've simply got dry skin (possibly from over washing or using harsh soaps) and aqueuous cream would sort it out. Its probably more itchy right now because you've been playing about with it and thinking about it more.

I am not a doctor though!! The only way to know for certain whats up with your bum-ole is to go see your GP.
Reply 17
i meant like on the paper

and ill try vasekine in the morn thanks!
Anonymous
i meant like on the paper

and ill try vasekine in the morn thanks!

Good-night :tongue:
This thread had me laughing so hard. Anyone else?

Latest