The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
On the phone they told me 1 week - 10 days.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Dill
On the phone they told me 1 week - 10 days.

:eek: I was hoping it would be sooner :frown:
Reply 3
i got mine exactly a week after getting my results!!! Hope u get urs soon!!
Im pretty sure they have them all done. Before results day, they have them pre-allocated so they won't have to scramble about to place a lot of people. I got mine e-mailed to me on the 17th (en-suite in Pollock!), and they said they wouldn't post mine (probably because it would take to long internationally).

If you're that curious, you might try e-mailing them. They're pretty quick with responses.
Reply 5
I was hoping it would be sooner too Ridge! :frown: I really want Edinburgh to send me lots of info! I feel like I'm not even a proper student of theirs yet. I know it's only 1 day after we got our results, but still... :tongue: I asked if they had allocated me to any accommodation, and if so could they just tell me where I am now, but she said they hadn't allocated people yet! I dunno if she was lying or not!
Reply 6
Dill
I was hoping it would be sooner too Ridge! :frown: I really want Edinburgh to send me lots of info! I feel like I'm not even a proper student of theirs yet. I know it's only 1 day after we got our results, but still... :tongue: I asked if they had allocated me to any accommodation, and if so could they just tell me where I am now, but she said they hadn't allocated people yet! I dunno if she was lying or not!

I'm hoping my luck continues and I end up in Pollock!
Reply 7
I've just had a gap year so I got my accommodation offer earlier this month!

I'm in Masson!

Anyone joing me?
*waits for uni letter* :biggrin:
Reply 9
Does the accomodation offer/pack give details of what equipment is already there eg iron :frown: etc?
Reply 10
I read in the accommodation booklet yesterday that the flats provide ironing boards, but no iron! I hope we receive some info from them soon!
The pantries in Pollock Halls supposedly have an iron and ironing board. With so many people though, I think I may just buy my own.
Reply 12
Still no accomodation for me :frown:
Ridgeback
Still no accomodation for me :frown:

Me neither. I want to know and I want to know NOW! It'll be days and days before I find out now as well, because I'm going to the Leeds Festival tomorrow and won't be back until Monday. I have instructed my parents to call me and leave a message if anything shows up.
I just sent my form off, recieved it this morning, got a place through clearing... if you haven't recieved your rooms yet, it'll be ages before they get through to mine!! And it's not long til we start either.. only2 and a half weeks?!
Reply 15
Thank God I'm not alone! :smile:

I was beginning to think that I was the only one without my accomodation sorted. I'm very scared though, it's not long till we're up there and I'd really like this sort of thing sorted.

On a side note, on the UCAS form you got sent after your results to confirm your place, was there anything to complete on the back? I was so happy at getting my results that I rushed the form and now I have this nagging doubt in the back ofmy mind that I've missed something out! Can anyone put me out of my misery?
Reply 16
Steerz

I was beginning to think that I was the only one without my accomodation sorted. I'm very scared though, it's not long till we're up there and I'd really like this sort of thing sorted.

On a side note, on the UCAS form you got sent after your results to confirm your place, was there anything to complete on the back? I was so happy at getting my results that I rushed the form and now I have this nagging doubt in the back ofmy mind that I've missed something out! Can anyone put me out of my misery?

You're ok it was blank.....well i'm 99% sure it was........I hope it was :eek:
Steerz

Hehe - I checked - it was blank - I made that mistake once with an exam paper so I'm really careful about that stuff now!

Hmmm - I wish Edinburgh would send me something just saying they'd received that confirmation of place thingo. Does everyone elses' thing on UCAS track say "Accepted" in red? Does that mean we're definitely going there? I know it's dumb of me but I worry insanely about this sort of thing.

On a cheery side, Edinburgh finally did send something through the post this morning about Uni cards, hurrah!

But still, wish this accommodation stuff would come through now, it's getting a bit close for comfort :/
Reply 18
the red accepted means u r definately accpeted and my accomodation came 1 or 2 days after getting the card thing!! So urs shouldnt be long now!!

Not long to go now!!
hans77o7
the red accepted means u r definately accpeted and my accomodation came 1 or 2 days after getting the card thing!! So urs shouldnt be long now!!

Not long to go now!!
Hurrah! Thanks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending