The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
no. pass with merit is roughly the top 20% of each year for both years. it's all relative to how you fit into your cohort.

For a first, 70%, but if you want the merit/disctinction with your degree more is needed.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
There is no grading of the medical degree in terms of 1st, 2:1, 2:2 etc.

The marks from first and second year do make a contribution to the classification of your iBSc however. I think the weighting is 1:1:8 this year.

Very hard to say how hard it is to get a merit, depends entirely on the person. I know some who did no work all year crammed and Easter and did excellently. Likewise I know people who worked all the way through and didn't. By nature of the way it is awarded only a fifth or so of students can get one.
Reply 3
Dr.Funk
There is no grading of the medical degree in terms of 1st, 2:1, 2:2 etc.

The marks from first and second year do make a contribution to the classification of your iBSc however. I think the weighting is 1:1:8 this year.

Very hard to say how hard it is to get a merit, depends entirely on the person. I know some who did no work all year crammed and Easter and did excellently. Likewise I know people who worked all the way through and didn't. By nature of the way it is awarded only a fifth or so of students can get one.

Hi so how do they grade the medical degree? or does everyone just come out with an MBBS?
reneewe
Hi so how do they grade the medical degree? or does everyone just come out with an MBBS?
Just an MBBS but for your compulsory iBsc, you get a degree classification :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending