The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Looks good to me! I didn't find a timetable particularly useful because I was finding some subjects easier than others to work on and revise for, so do make sure to adjust it if you feel you need more time on other subjects later on :smile:
Reply 2
:hi:, why are you leaving your Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths late at night, and for only half an hour? Bad idea? Should shift it up slightly in the earlier programme. And mix it around, to make it more interesting?
Yeah, it looks fine to me! :biggrin: x
Reply 4
Pedus
:hi:, why are you leaving your Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths late at night, and for only half an hour? Bad idea? Should shift it up slightly in the earlier programme. And mix it around, to make it more interesting?

lol its because i dont have any exams in science until next jan and the main subjects earlier are the ones i have major exams in
and maths..yeah i dont have any exams in that either except for stats in june but weve not covered anything at school yet.
(:
Reply 5
Could you not bring everything forward by starting revising a bit earlier in the day so your not still revising 22:30, I've always been told to stop revising around 9-9:30 =/ Also maybe make it so each "session" is 45minutes and then a 15min break, obviously longer for lunch and dinner.

Finally you only have two hours for maths, is this for any particular reason? Same with the sciences. Just make sure you're revising subjects for a sufficient amount of time. Other than that it looks pretty good now the challenge is to stick to it :P

EDIT: Just seen the above post if you have no science exams till January just wipe that out of your timetable so your not revising so late & just focus on your summer exams at the moment. Replace the maths with Stats and I really recommend you start looking at stats now you don't want to be left having not covered everything or having no time to revise it.
Reply 6
halii_94
lol its because i dont have any exams in science until next jan and the main subjects earlier are the ones i have major exams in
and maths..yeah i dont have any exams in that either except for stats in june but weve not covered anything at school yet.
(:

If you don't have any exams for them this time round, then leave it out of the equation, so you can focus on your priorities for exams that you do have in June? Just a suggestion.
Reply 7
I don't think the timings are very good, 1.5hrs for lunch/dinner, really? And I don't think working til that late in the morning will achieve anything. I know they say that you remember things best before you sleep but you'll be exhausted after working for 14.5hrs light you're planning on doing and it won't go in.

I think you just need 9am-12pm with one 15min break, 1pm-6pm, with two 15 mins break and then 7-9pm and be done with it.
Reply 8
Looks good, you're clearly very well organised and have thought about this to some depth.

Pedus
If you don't have any exams for them this time round, then leave it out of the equation, so you can focus on your priorities for exams that you do have in June? Just a suggestion.

Good advice^^

Goodluck!
Reply 9
tehmonkey
Could you not bring everything forward by starting revising a bit earlier in the day so your not still revising 22:30, I've always been told to stop revising around 9-9:30 =/ Also maybe make it so each "session" is 45minutes and then a 15min break, obviously longer for lunch and dinner.

Finally you only have two hours for maths, is this for any particular reason? Same with the sciences. Just make sure you're revising subjects for a sufficient amount of time. Other than that it looks pretty good now the challenge is to stick to it :P

i havent got any exams in science and maths thats why im not doing much...
ok..ill move it earlier if i can
thanks (:
and yep sticking to its gonna be a BIG challenge lol
Reply 10
Pedus

i guess..but i dont want to fall behind lol
i think i might actually..ive got all summer to revise science and maths.
It looks too tight to me, with short breaks and no relaxation time built in. I get shoulder pain and feel like a hunchback if I'm desk based for too long and I find exercise invigorating so I always build in an hour a day to my timetable for something active - going for a bike ride or swimming or whatever.
Reply 12
Take a few hours off on one day a week. Say, Sunday afternoon. You'll love having a bit of freedom, seriously
Reply 13
nnnomi
Take a few hours off on one day a week. Say, Sunday afternoon. You'll love having a bit of freedom, seriously

got that on saturday :P
I know this is a bit odd, but what I did, was list like 5 topics a day which I wanted to understand by the end of that day. I would do like a day of Maths, with 5 different topics, then do questions at the end, and if I got it, I would tick it off, and go back to it later (like the week after), and if I didn't, then I would do it again on my next "maths day"... it worked... kinda.

And this is a useful attention span graph... realise how little attention you will actually pay if you're working that long:

http://www.monash.edu.au/lls/llonline/assets/images/speaking-preparing1-1.jpg
Reply 15
ok im gonna switch stuff around and then post another pic of it :smile:
sounds good :top:
looks far in excess of what is necessary to achieve top grades at gcse to me. i suppose that can only be good, but you may end up destroying your soul in the process. you need a gear available to step up into for a levels really.

also its easier to just make a checklist rather than binding ones self to a schedule :yep: e.g. you may be near the end of a topic at a 45 minute deadline, and have lost track of where you were next time you pick that subject up, making your learning disjointed.
Reply 18
halii_94
got that on saturday :P

Oh yeah didn't see. Don't do the biology in the evening, seriously, take the afternoon off..
Reply 19
halii_94
i guess..but i dont want to fall behind lol
i think i might actually..ive got all summer to revise science and maths.

Exactly. :yep: Also, like other people have suggested, don't try cramming in little chunks of revision of each subject in 1 day. It won't do you any good.. Spread it out.. Also focus on two or three subjects a day, and rotate with another set of subjects next day for the change.

Latest