The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lazytomato
if you did that, i'd have gone to your house and robbed all your biscuits and cakes instead of typing lol XD:yep:

haha! As long as you don't find out where the cookies are, s'all good. :wink:

=]
emma44
I have to decide where to go out of ucl,st georges,kings and queen mary for biomed. I really want to do medicine postgraduate and have no idea where would b best to go. Also does anyone know if theres a way i can arrange look around st georges again in the next 2 weeks?

I can only talk on behalf of St. George's as I'm studying there. The course here is such that in your first two years you will be studying alongside medics, and basically have their lectures as well as anatomy sessions. Except when they go to learn all the bedside manners and how to poke people with stethoscopes you'll be having biomed specific lectures or be in labs. Also the course itself is such that it'll allow you to pursue your own interests for example in the research projects you do throughout and especially the vast range of modules / projects available to you in the 3rd year.

In that way, you've got quite a good understanding / have learnt a fair amount of the theory involved. George's also has the internal transfer. Do well in your first 2 years (An average of 67% over the 2) and you will be eligible to apply for the transfer. But there are only 15 available places for that and you have to pass an interview and an exam.

But in response to your question, I think George's is excellent when it comes to doing med after biomed because of the fact you've done a fair chunk of it anyway which in cases of various other unis this doesn't happen.

In regards to your second question, I think you should either contact the course organiser, or student centre (details can be found on the website). If you can't get hold of them, let me know, and I'll forward you the details.

Best of luck with your application.

=]
cobrachilde
haha! As long as you don't find out where the cookies are, s'all good. :wink:

=]

lol..depends on what they are...my nose is not sensitive enough to dig out the chocolate cookies XD

Latest

Trending

Trending