The Student Room Group
pucky651
I know we all benefit from different methods of revision that suit as individually...but what way suits you best? how do you maximise your productivity from your studying? i've exams coming up and need advice. cheers everyone

Oh for **** sake. Read book, make notes, mind maps, past papers. Take breaks between revision sessions. That is all that will be said. Could you not figure this out?:mad:
i like flash-cards the best :smile:
you can make them in advance and then only need to scan through them right before the exam
:p: and to maximise my revision... i make sure i don't use the internet, and that i put something not too distracting on the TV, like a radio channel :biggrin:
Reply 3
I do cue cards with questions and answers on and either test myself or get someone else to test me. That helps me the best, but also putting post its up of either motivational things or more revision. For our January exams, the front door was covered in bright pink post-its; it drove my step-dad crazy :biggrin:
my best way of revising is using the search bar and looking at the countless threads made with this title
jj1234567890123
Oh for **** sake. Read book, make notes, mind maps, past papers. Take breaks between revision sessions. That is all that will be said. Could you not figure this out?:mad:

what's with the aggro? why reply at all if you're gonna be a bitch about it?

on topic, i personally dont bother with all the mind maps and stuff. I find it easier to follow this:

1. Read through notes.
2. Copy notes out, trying to change the theory into my own words wherever i can (helps to remember)
3. Copy it out a second time (if i feel the notes havent sunk in)
3. Make a VERY shortened copy of the notes - i.e. abbreviations, short notes, etc...
4. Past Papers

Sometimes i might even highlight some stuff if need be, but most times i cant be arsed with all this highlighting, mind maps stuff.

But like you said, every person has different methods to suit them.
forgot to mention, try 'teaching' your notes to someone else. For me this never fails at getting things to stick in my head.
Reply 7
get a friend test each other before the test. Run through everything. With key points; last minute revision.

Otherwise just do all the past papers available.
I was a re-writing notes person. I would rewrite them on paper, rewrite them on flashcards, and even rewrite them on a diagram... then I would write endless essays (at uni, I have essay exams) with what I think would come up.

Latest