The Student Room Group
Reply 1
erk
i'm considering deferring or changing to another uni (same course) in clearing as i want to be close to the sea (hahaha). is this/these still possible or am i weeks late?

depends what you've done so far. if you've confirmed your place at a uni (filling in the form UCAS have sent out this week) then you won't be able to apply through clearing.

if you haven't then you can ask your firm and insurance to release you into clearing and you can start ringing up unis now.

or alternatively you could apply next year if you don't want to go until 2006, that way you miss out on the hectic-ness of clearing and will be able to get unconditional offers. but remember that if you do take a gap year you will have to pay top-up fees

lou xxx
Reply 2
not confirmed yet, cheers lou! :smile:
Reply 3
erk
not confirmed yet, cheers lou! :smile:

cool, well then it's just a case of asking to be released and getting a copy of the independent in order to ring up tonnes of clearing places (one of PQ's sticky threads has all the phone numbers). just remember not to rush into anything and good luck!.

lou xxx
Reply 4
it's only one uni, but one of my grades is below one of their requirements, yet the other two above, think i might email them!
Reply 5
erk
it's only one uni, but one of my grades is below one of their requirements, yet the other two above, think i might email them!

ring them. it's harder to ignore a phone ringing then it is an email (and also harder to say no)

lou xxx
Reply 6
it's not on UCAS now, doh! but still on the uni homepage.
Reply 7
"it's not on UCAS now, doh! but still on the uni homepage."

Ring the uni next time their helpline is up and running and see if their are any spots left?
Reply 8
Yup. to be honest my reasons for wanting to change are a bit lame :rofl:
Reply 9
"Yup. to be honest my reasons for wanting to change are a bit lame "

Careful. If you want to be released from a uni you could end up with a dragon of an admissions person who won't release you (like I had).

What got me was the comment of: "You do realise that students were most likely turned away because you took their place" .... yeah. sure. That's why the course was in clearing.
Reply 10
It's all about lying. At the end of the day they can't force you to go. :smile:

Haha, you've been released then? what were your reasons?
Reply 11
My reason: I just didn't want to go

The reason I gave: Pack of elaborate lies.

Well. It wasn't fair. The same person had released a fair few people from my school that morning just because they'd changed their minds. And she seemed intent on making me cry :/ ... did she suceed? nope :biggrin:

Hopefully I'm released. I just have to wait for the form.
Reply 12
i deferred my entry but i had a valid reason lol my mum has been diagnosed with cancer.
Gutted that i have to still pay the raised tuition fees! Β£3000 a year! stupid people!

Latest