Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

The Revision Thread Mk. II

Announcements Posted on
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Motivational Quotes, Read Before Posting

TO THOSE WHO KEEP ASKING FOR MOTIVATION

In all fairness, you have to learn to do it yourself. You are relying on other people to tell you off for not working? It doesn't work like that at uni. The main reason people go to uni is for independance and everything; how are you meant to develop independance if you constantly ask people to TELL you to be motivated? At university, nobody will tell you, it will be EXPECTED. Get into the habit now.

If you can't find motivation, pick up your pen and pad, scribble down everything that you want to gain in life. That should give you a slight kick. The other kick will come from setting yourself targets and goals: 'if I complete these 3 past papers today instead of playing football, I may be one step closer to getting that A, and I won't have to panic when the time comes closer to exams'. Have this sort of mentality.

Conquering exams is one thing, but mental preparation for these exams is another thing. Have a clear picture of where you want to go and the kind of person you want to be, and I guarentee that you will have all the motivation you need to get over this hurdle.
    - JayAyy

You may know your entire syllabus, in and out and but poor exam technique will take you nowhere in exams. Last year, I Biology 1 was my strongest unit in terms of how much I knew and how I performed in past papers. When I took the real exam, I was overwhelmed by how much we had to write and I wasn't writing fast at all. It was a disaster. You must be able to manage time, writing speed and how you answer questions. If you fail to do this, all your studying would be wasted for this exam.
    - Doughboy

You procrastinate you fail. :yep: It's as simple as that. If you cared enough you wouldn't be here, however you do care because you came here to get help. :grin: So if you care, why do you procrastinate? Why can't you get rid of whatever is causing you to procrastinate? :mad2: Is it really worth wasting your time now and then suffering for it later? Well, is it? No it isn't that's the thing. Just because you have to spend a few months revising doesn't mean anything in the long term of things! If you get what you want to achieve it will last much longer than that measly little few months you had to bend your head over your desk to revise. :grin: Every time you waste your time, ask yourself what you're doing. Then ask yourself what should you be doing and go from there. :grin: Cos at the end of the day this hard work will pay off believe me, it really will. :woo:
    - Sparkly-Star

Best Quotes get put here :yep:
    Please notify me if any are missing

Continuing on from the last thread :yep:

How is revision going for everyone? :awesome:

Last Thread's Post Counts (Top 15)

Sparkly-Star 1,641
    steffi.alexa 1,103
    JayAyy 1,079
    Loz17 957
    Master.K 517
    Narik 466
    JChoudhry 393
    indie_couture 226
    skipp 213
    Dr.Black Knight 164
    natty_d 127
    Tw1x 117
    Louuu_xx 109
    Jessica, 94
    YdLeet 82

10,000th Poster
    Narik :awesome:
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Now that the race is over, it's going well! You?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally. :sexface:
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    :woo: New thread

Rep for Narik today for getting 10,000 and rep for steffi.alexa for getting the first post in the new thread
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    New thread is here :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im gonna start backin this thread
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    And we're back. I require a skittle now.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    SUP YO. :holmes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    And we're back.
    Congrats again.

That other poster tried to win it at the end :lol:
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear - I was the second top poster on the old thread... That's a lot of procrastinating! Jay, you may want to put a link to this new thread somewhere (first post maybe?) so that everyone gets their arses over here!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)

Rep for Narik today for getting 10,000 and rep for steffi.alexa for getting the first post in the new thread
    Why didn't you say you'll rep the first post on the version two thread? :cry:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    I've randomly repped you today
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    [rainbow]Well done Narik![/rainbow]
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    Oh sorry, that was always TSR tradition.

Who was top poster in the other thread?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Congrats again.

That other poster tried to win it at the end :lol:
    Yes but my F5 skills proved to be far superior.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:

Aww, thanks! Being repped for being TSR geeks, I love TSR :moon:
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Oh dear - I was the second top poster on the old thread... That's a lot of procrastinating! Jay, you may want to put a link to this new thread somewhere (first post maybe?) so that everyone gets their arses over here!
    Will do Stef, will do :awesome:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

ME! :ninja:

.....Sparkly-Star
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:

Person who posted the most? Sparkly of course! :yep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    Tuck in :eating:

Edit: Almost forgot, but save me a red one.. :ninja:

Updated: May 9, 2010
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.