Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Is it possible to vote for the Labour Party and not loathe white people?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Oh, you're Indian? :rolleyes:
    I'm pro-BNP.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    There is a difference between being "better off" and minority groups being fine, funky dory and perfectly equal. There's certainly a difference between minority gorups being better off and them "taking over the country". It is my firm belief that many minority groups are a lot better off than they were twenty years ago (thanks to both Major and Blair governments) and I say this as someone who does belong to more than one "minority" although not ethically or socio-economically as I'm still White British and middle class.

You cannot generalise all minority groups, or depict them as one, Are Muslims like the disabled? Are black people like gay people? Are Gypsies like South Asians? Some of these groups have suffered from increasing stigmatisation in recent years, as well as further breakdown in society and some have not.
    I do think that minority groups are better off than twenty years ago, and yes that's larlgey thanks to labor, I also think people are largley equal. That was not what i was saying. I mean those people who think that all a minority has to do is walk into an interview and they'l get a job those 'political correctness gone mad' people.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thingeh)
    Can you explain to me what makes Jedism any less worthy than Christianity? I can assure you, they're both as artificial as each other, just Jedism doesn't advocate homophobia, sexism, racism, etc...

Disclaimer: I would describe myself as an atheist; I do not advocate either of the afore mentioned religions.
    Oh Dear...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi019)
    This is a not entirely serious response to Teveth's thread about the Tory Party. If voting Tory makes you racist, does voting Labour make you racist towards whites? Since they clearly feel that the proportion of whites in the UK is too high. The economic concerns were simply window dressing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...r-adviser.html

http://www.takimag.com/sniperstower/...r_noses_in_it/
    It wasn't my understanding that voting for labour and loathing white people were mutually exclusive?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I'm pro-BNP.

MJ... are you being serious about this like that Sikh old boy, or is this some kind of joke for TSR?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I'm pro-BNP.
    Good. I like them too. They make a lot of sense, but shipping out all immigrants? No.

That's Nazi territory.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    MJ... are you being serious about this like that Sikh old boy, or is this some kind of joke for TSR?
    I have my reasons:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post24577686

P.S: I don't agree with a BNP point that Prince Rhyus bought up... He stated that the BNP are against "Mixed Race marriages". I think... marry whoever the **** you want.

So i'm not 100% pro-BNP, all parties have their flaws, the tories just have too many.

• 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCharmed)
    I do think that minority groups are better off than twenty years ago, and yes that's larlgey thanks to labor, I also think people are largley equal.
    Well, Labour have been in power for the majority of the past 20 years (13 of 20) so there have obviously been many events and legislation brought in during their time Including SENDA (2001) and the repeal of Section 28 (in 2003) Although significant discrimination legislation was introduced in the Major government including the Disability Discrimination Act of 1995.

(Original post by MrCharmed)
    That was not what i was saying. I mean those people who think that all a minority has to do is walk into an interview and they'l get a job those 'political correctness gone mad' people.
    Agreed, but that's not what was being said.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Good. I like them too. They make a lot of sense, but shipping out all immigrants? No.

That's Nazi territory.
    Come into my thread: Link posted above.

You will see that this is not the case. :yep:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    These Kingdoms have been united for for 300 years so no, it's not some modern Bureaucrat invention. Many English people actually have English, Welsh or Irish ancestry? I certainly don't see myself as being "English". Born in Northumberland, half of my greatgrandparents are Irish or Scottish. Being from a Scottish lowland clan.....

Anyway, no, it was your suggestion that to be English you need to be white. Moreoever, not every single one of those people you described as "English" instead of white will be English, will they? Just because they are white they can just as easily be Scottish, Welsh or Irish.

Also, not all Scots are rampant nationists screaming for independence and spit on every Englishman they see in the street. There are many Scots who are proud of being both Scottish AND British.
    Right, I in fact have both Welsh and Irish as well as English grandparents and great-grandparents. But these are still different nations in a sense with distinct cultures laws customs... and to a lesser extent language. And it's always been Scotland, Wales or England that is home in peoples imaginations, not Britain... despite learning to describe themselves as British. I think British really came into use with the rise of the empire... which truly was British and not English.

But this is another conversation...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I have my reasons:

P.S: I don't agree with a BNP point that Prince Rhyus bought up... He stated that the BNP are against "Mixed Race marriages". I think... marry whoever the **** you want.

So i'm not 100% pro-BNP, all parties have their flaws, the tories just have too many.

Interesting stuff.

I thought you were completely left-liberal, not conservative in any sense of the word?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, Labour have been in power for the majority of the past 20 years (13 of 20) so there have obviously been many events and legislation brought in during their time Including SENDA (2001) and the repeal of Section 28 (in 2003) Although significant discrimination legislation was introduced in the Major government including the Disability Discrimination Act of 1995.

Agreed, but that's not what was being said.
    Well I have my doubts how equal certain minority groups would be had labor not been in power the past 13 years. I do not think tories would ever role back rights. I just don't think they would create rights for anyone.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :rollseyes: retarded thread.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Clearly, as anyone who doesn't mind immigration is a self-hating racist. And yes, a lot of the black and Asian vote goes to Labour because, generally, the black and Asian communities are not as well of as the white community. It's not some bloody anti-white conspiracy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I have my reasons:

But the BNP hate you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the problem with immigration and the "original population", is that immigrants come to this country probabaly looking for a better life, the "originals" who are fortunate enough to live here already feel a sense of ownership of a large mass of dirt just off the coats of europe called england. and when immigrants come over and as the locals like to say "steal all our jobs" they dont like it, but its not like the "originals" can go to where the immigrants come from and live there because its probabaly crap. Its give and take, the immigrants get an ok deal out of it, living in a more liberal society where they are relatively safe, sparing the occasional rascial abuse, but what do the locals get? a feeling of good will? No. they believe they are getting the rubbish end of the deal, they get less jobs, less homes, less opportunities, according to them, while the immigrants get everything that the locals already have, the locals dont seem to be getting anything out of it. They feel like they are second priority, while the government is busy accomadating the newbies they feel like they are getting left behind and forgotten, think of it as banks, or when a child has a newborn cibling.

what annoys me though is when they say "they're stealing our jobs", i dont want to generalize here but i live on a working class estate, its rascist and ignorant, most of its occupants are 18 years olds with 3 kids, and the few that actually work are not white, the rest, although there is nothing wrong with them, milk the system completely. The stance most english people seem to take is that "oh we can milk the system dry because we have been here longer then they have!"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    *coast
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    But the BNP hate you?
    lol.

Why would they hate me for?

Living in Bradford gives you a false impression about them. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I personally choose to dislike many ethnics, that's my choice.

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    lol.

Give Nick Griffin's really non-racist comments on Barack Obama a listen.

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    lol.

STFU Uncle Tom. :p: But seriously anyone that honestly thinks the BNP would be anything but negative for ethnic minorities or that Hitler was actually good for Germany is stupid goon.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2010
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.