The Student Room Group

How do I accept the offer through UCAS?

Yechshemesh I am from US of A, I got accepted into a school through UCAS on a conditional offer. I want to accept this offer, however when I log on through tracking, there is no where for me to click accept for the offer. The help site says that I have a Firm Acceptance and an Insurance Acceptance. I just want to give a firm acceptance so I can start with the payments and applying for a student visa.

In the choices section there are 3 links-Add choice, reply to offers and Payment.

However when I click these links nothing happens. Are they dead links?

I called the school and they said it's a problem with UCAS and I have to accept the offer only through UCAS, and so I tried calling UCAS and it is an automated voice message that tells me to press one, and when I do press one the voice message just repeats endlessly.

I am abit lost, can anyone with experience help me please?
Reply 1
Are you waiting for replies from any universities? I think the link only activates once you've got all of the decisions from each uni.

It should be the 'reply to offers' link you mentioned that you click, so it's a case of that not working for whatever reason.
Reply 2
thanks so much. I withdrew my only pending decision, and then it allowed me to accept my offered place! This UCAS nonsense is very confusing, I wonder why they nationalized the whole application process
Reply 3
kraftwerk
thanks so much. I withdrew my only pending decision, and then it allowed me to accept my offered place! This UCAS nonsense is very confusing, I wonder why they nationalized the whole application process

:lolwut:
Reply 4
kraftwerk
The instructions on the website and the FAQ thread here are very clear! Our nationalised system is much easier to work with - and cheaper for the applicant! - than the system in the US, if I may say so :tongue:
I heard from all the universities but it doesnt let me click on reply to offers
Reply 6
caroline0805
I heard from all the universities but it doesnt let me click on reply to offers
You need to enter the Clearing choice you want to take up, and then the uni will respond to confirm your place. Do this as soon as possible.
i got accepted to my insurance choice and it says that i dont have to reply to that but seems like everyones getting more info such as accommodation already whilst i have none
Reply 8
caroline0805
i got accepted to my insurance choice and it says that i dont have to reply to that but seems like everyones getting more info such as accommodation already whilst i have none
It varies from uni to uni. Check the uni website and see what advice they give about when accommodation stuff etc will be coming out to you, and if you still think you should have received something by now, contact them.
Minerva
It varies from uni to uni. Check the uni website and see what advice they give about when accommodation stuff etc will be coming out to you, and if you still think you should have received something by now, contact them.

thank you :smile:
I've received all my offers back but I can't find where I except my offer to my preferred uni

Latest

Trending

Trending