The Student Room Group

what on earth is a 'Caution' from 'National Rail'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sam188
How much money roughly lol?

Penalty is the most expensive fare or £20 whichever is greater. But given the fact you've been nicked, the will probably go up.
Reply 21
rainbowbex
I train jumped other day, was grand :smile:

lol, i'm guna have to do that to make up for any monies i lose. Even if i don't have to go anywhere, i will take the longest train everyday till all money is recuperated. :biggrin:
Reply 22
DMed
Penalty is the most expensive fare or £20 whichever is greater. But given the fact you've been nicked, the will probably go up.

I was read my rights, but this wa not a poilce caution. I asked the inspector and he said it wasnt. I think it jsut means, that there is a possibility it will go to court. I just wana know how much im guna have to pay.
why didn't you just pay the penalty fine or the proper ticket?
Reply 24
sam188
I was read my rights, but this wa not a poilce caution. I asked the inspector and he said it wasnt. I think it jsut means, that there is a possibility it will go to court. I just wana know how much im guna have to pay.

PCO's don't have the power to read you your rights.

So I highly doubt a load of goons in some National Rail jackets do.
sam188
lol, i'm guna have to do that to make up for any monies i lose. Even if i don't have to go anywhere, i will take the longest train everyday till all money is recuperated. :biggrin:

Well, it wasn't that bad I bought a tic for half the journey and would have bought another for the second half if I'd been asked
Reply 26
Ham22
you should have cried. that has gotten me out off train-themed trouble in the past.

I really tried- as i've seen it work in the past. The only thought i had racing through my mind in what i can only describeas a state of pure bewilderment, was waiting for a high speed train to come and then shoving the little man 2 feet onto the adjacent train-track, grabbing his little notebook and any other evidence, and then jumping on that train, watching his body being dragged frantically, while dangling his neckband in his face while ihe tried mercifully grabbing before throwing it over him whilst shoving two fingers up a him. Then when i get of the train i ask him where his ticket is, and stamp a fine on his bloodied face.

This is why i couldnt so much as shed a tear, not even one of joy strangely.
Reply 27
This happened to me, he read my rights and asked a crap load of questions... including what brand my shoes were! I think he was just making them up to waste my time :/

Anyway, he said a letter would be sent in the post and it could go to court (i lol'd when he told me that, as if they would waste their time and money taking a kid to court because he forgot to buy a ticket). Nothing came in the post and it's been a few weeks now.

They're basically just a bunch of dicks who take their job way too seriously. Nothing to worry about.
Reply 28
WelshBluebird
why didn't you just pay the penalty fine or the proper ticket?

Thats what i wanted to do. But he changed his mind and gave me a caution. the reason he gave was because i initially gave him false details, but then gave him my real ones, when the original set couldnt be verified lol. Then halfway through processing the real details he goes, ''ummm, this warrants a caution, me thinks''.
Reply 29
Shook
This happened to me, he read my rights and asked a crap load of questions... including what brand my shoes were! I think he was just making them up to waste my time :/

Anyway, he said a letter would be sent in the post and it could go to court (i lol'd when he told me that, as if they would waste their time and money taking a kid to court because he forgot to buy a ticket). Nothing came in the post and it's been a few weeks now.

They're basically just a bunch of dicks who take their job way too seriously. Nothing to worry about.

lol cheers mate. The ****** asked me what the 'T' stood for as my middle name intial. I felt like saying ****! The thing is, when these people come across a real nutter who geuninely isnt afraid of throwing soemone on to the traintrack he was stood 5 yards away from, they are guna be in major trouble. Alot of the inpectors are probably alrite, but just every now and again you come across these inbreds.
Reply 30
Princesschickenbelly
You gave false information and then the right information? Why?

This was a question recored on the statement to which my response was : ''I wanted too''
Reply 31
rainbowbex
Well, it wasn't that bad I bought a tic for half the journey and would have bought another for the second half if I'd been asked

lol
Reply 32
Norfolkadam
You're going to jail. Minimum sentence is 3 months, maximum is life. Sorry.

Haha, and the £1000 fine aswell
My Dad had a problem from these people.. the ticket office at the station he got on at was closed, and he got yelled at for not having a ticket, and got told he might be taken to court etc..

This was 2 years ago and we never heard anything. They're just trying to **** you up.
sam188
This was a question recored on the statement to which my response was : ''I wanted too''

Right, but now you are talking to someone that you are not just trying to piss off for the fun of it so... if you gave false info and were getting away with it why did you just decide to give them your real name afterwards?
Reply 35
Princesschickenbelly
Right, but now you are talking to someone that you are not just trying to piss off for the fun of it so... if you gave false info and were getting away with it why did you just decide to give them your real name afterwards?

The inspector called up someone to verify the address and name at that address. I gave them an old student address plus fake name. Seeing as it is rented property he probably couldnt verify the names or whatever. I then had to give him a different address along with a different name. hence i got caught. basically i was a bit stupid.
Reply 36
Has anyone got any names/addresses of people they dislike which i can use in future moments of harassment over train tickets?
how was the inspector able to determine the validity of the initial information you provided
sam188
Basically i stumbled upon a jobsworth yesterday, and was cautioned and told i would receive more info in the post.

I had the wrong ticket, and then gave false details for the penalty to be sent too. The guy then said he would caution me after much deliberation for giving false details initially before giving him my real ones.

What am i looking at here? : the nobhead read me my rights and said this could go to court lol. I actually had a ticket for the initial journey but used a young persons railcard, which i have just found out has actually expired, and i didnt have on me at the time.

The reason i gave false details was because the guy wasnt english and he took ******* ages sorting out everything, and was just a proper jobsworth, so i thought I would try and play him at his own game. Also i thought it was over such a petty offence, it seemed only right i try play the system. rant over/

That's fraud. You should have a valid ticket before you get onto a train, you chose to be stupid and give incorrect details you need to man up and take the consequences, and yes you may go to court.
Reply 39
The-Wi$e-One
That's fraud. You should have a valid ticket before you get onto a train, you chose to be stupid and give incorrect details you need to man up and take the consequences, and yes you may go to court.

I'm not denying anything, and am merely asking what a caution means, and what the likely cost will be. It's ridiculous to take someone to court over what i did. Basically it's a waste of time mate.

Quick Reply

Latest