The Student Room Group
Go for a revison text book, and do the questions from it?
Yeah, it's just there's only like 4/5 questions and I've done them all D:.
On each topic do a mind map and try too fit all the stuff on.
Practice papers, you can probably buy some from CGP.
I don't suppose you could link me to the CGP papers? My couldn't find anything on my searches.
in my experience, for the OCR board there haven't been many relevant past papers (because theres a new spec :sigh: ) so i personally just read the book aloud to myself, again and again and again... its tedious but works a charm! it kept all the stuff to do with smoking and whatnot in my head pretty well for the unit 2 exam :biggrin:
Reply 6
I've just finished revising Module 1 so I literally know everything I need to from that module. I've made notes for Module 2, but I haven't even touched Module 3 yet.

How much has everyone else done? I'm started to get a little worried. :afraid:
Waffles n Further
in my experience, for the OCR board there haven't been many relevant past papers (because theres a new spec :sigh: ) so i personally just read the book aloud to myself, again and again and again... its tedious but works a charm! it kept all the stuff to do with smoking and whatnot in my head pretty well for the unit 2 exam :biggrin:

Yeah I do make notes and read aloud quite a bit actually. It's just I'd really like to do some questions, but like you say, the new spec makes that quite hard. -.-
Reply 8
You could make flash cards on the key words but that takes forever (just unit 1 module 1 took a day). There is a revision guide that has the same cover as the textbook which might help. Ask your teacher...might make a mock paper/come up with some questions. Spider diagrams are good. You can look at the old spec papers if you can get hold of them. You will have to sift through them yet you might find relevant questions and look at the papers for this spec...there are questions out there as we seem to have had loads for homework.

I feel weakest on the biochemisty stuff and most confident on the biodiversity but I suppose thats cus it interests me and is what I want to go into. But umm anyway.
Reply 9
thi is wat im doing - ie downloaded checklist from the cd. and made notes according to it.
Acta Non Verba
I know the usual make notes, do past papers and so on.

The problem is I really want to do some practise questions for biodiversity, because that's the area I feel weakest on - but I can't find any questions for biodiversity, etc, that aren't A2 level. Any ideas?

it's a new spec so the only good past paper you can get is the 2009 one...if you have the text book from the exam board then just learn it page for page...word for word...then...if you understand it all...you'll ace the exam :smile: btw work harder on unit 2 because in unit 1 you could easily get 90% or over....unit 2 paper 2009 was hard...good luck with the revision :smile:
ive always found note taking a waste of time, but hey thats just me :biggrin: this unit 2 exam in june i think you'll find won't have ALOT of what you revise in it, alot of it is just initiative and just general science knowledge. I sat unit 2 OCR bio in jan, and there was ALOT of biochemistry, about water molecules and whatnot, but absolutely zilch on anything to do with animals/natural selection/anything! Id think that they'd have that paper online somewhere hmmmm but you should be alright :biggrin:!
Nasir....:-)
it's a new spec so the only good past paper you can get is the 2009 one...if you have the text book from the exam board then just learn it page for page...word for word...then...if you understand it all...you'll ace the exam :smile: btw work harder on unit 2 because in unit 1 you could easily get 90% or over....unit 2 paper 2009 was hard...good luck with the revision :smile:

Which book?

Oh yeah, we have those at school. Thanks.
Memorise as much of the textbook as possible. That's my approach.

We haven't even finished Module 2 yet. :s-smilie:
Reply 16
MoTheMedic
Memorise as much of the textbook as possible. That's my approach.

We haven't even finished Module 2 yet. :s-smilie:

Exactly...
Reply 17
I revise using the specification and slowly go through that, writing down what i know on each bullet-point. Our teacher gave us one at the start of each module, and it's really simple; with what they want you to know, and what they don't. If you know everything that's been bullet-pointed on that section you can't go wrong.
Narik
Exactly...

Sorry if I'm getting everyone worried. I only revise quite early because I'm not as bright as most people on this website, so I need more time to get it into my brain =p. My class hasn't finished mod 2 either, I just read ahead.
Acta Non Verba
Oh yeah, we have those at school. Thanks.

no probs....but there is also this biozone work book for AS and A2...the AS one looks like this:
http://dnload.net/link/thebiozone.com/images/Cover-Images/Workbook-UK-OCR-08.jpg
it's really good :smile:

Latest