The Student Room Group

12 things a dancer should promise herself...

So a girl at my dance class has taken ill recently. She's had bouts of cancer and lukemia since she was three and now she's 18 she found out she has breast cancer...

And we've been in and out of hospital visiting her in recent weeks, trying to think of ways to cheer her up, keep her mind busy. It was her birthday the other day and we made a big poster full of things to inspire her to be the best dancer she can be when she comes back and filled it with pictures of her and other famous dancers. There are 12 of us left in the class without her and we each came up with one tip for a dancer and I just thought I'd share them with you on TSR :smile:

*To be so strong minded that nothing can disturb your innerind.
*To be creative and allow your soul to speak through the dance.
*Never to lose the passion that forced you to start dancing
*To speak of health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet and greet.
*To look at the sunny side of everything and make your dreams come true.
*To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and expect only the best.
*To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
*To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
*To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
*To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
*To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
*To always, always point your toes.

Some of them have been taken from online, but we each chose one and signed the poster with it, I hope you like them :smile: ♥
Reply 1
It sounds lovely what u are doing :smile: im sure she will appreciate it

Latest