The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1) start looking in july onwards
2) some will have their accom sorted, if they're going to live home or have rented from a bizarre landlord whose property is so **** they need to advertise it for 6 months before necessary in order to make sure it gets filled
3) look wherever you want. commuting isn't exactly hard to ucl, considering you can go victoria line, northern, met, hamm and city, district, circle, central, picc... everything.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Noémie
1) start looking in july onwards
2) some will have their accom sorted, if they're going to live home or have rented from a bizarre landlord whose property is so **** they need to advertise it for 6 months before necessary in order to make sure it gets filled
3) look wherever you want. commuting isn't exactly hard to ucl, considering you can go victoria line, northern, met, hamm and city, district, circle, central, picc... everything.

mmm I don't want to live too far though, preferably within walking distance
Reply 3
look to pay £135 upwards then. look on albany street in augustish. that's on our side of regents park.
look in kings cross too. and camden town, mornington cresenct.
No don't look on Albany Street. That road belongs to me :fyi:
Reply 5
GET OFF JONNY, YOU'RE NOT EVEN THERE NEXT YEAR
it's MINE.
Reply 6
I'd be willing to pay up to 150 pounds although i'd have to check with the people i'll be living with

I have looked around kings cross a bit just out of curiosity, it's not very expensive around there

I will look at albany street
I was here first. I bet you hadn't even heard of it when I moved here.

OP - I know a lot of people around Kings X and Cally and they're recommending it for (slightly) cheaper accom. You're still looking at £115-25ish, but it's deffo £125 minimum close to the start of term in Camden.
Reply 8
what is caledonian road like?
flying twig
what is caledonian road like?

Not bad, you could do far, far worse.
Reply 10
A lot of my friends have found places already. We've found some pretty cheap places in Camden that we're viewing this week. Islington seems to be cheaper if price is a problem, but at £150 you shouldn't have trouble finding something fairly nice in Camden.

My dad works on Caledonian Road. And my mentor lives there. It's not a bad place to live, nothing special but also nothing horrific.
Reply 11
Hmm I do know a few people who have found places already but then the guy I work with said he has waited until just about the week before moving in to find his flats for the past few years and on the ucl website it did say 6 weeks before was the best time to look

i've looked but everywhere seems to be to rent from now
Reply 12
rockrunride
Not bad, you could do far, far worse.

It seems quite cheap and in a good location, I might look around there
Lizia
A lot of my friends have found places already. We've found some pretty cheap places in Camden that we're viewing this week.

Wtf? Short of paying deposit and rent from virtually next month, have you pulled a few strings?
Reply 14
Victor Stone have a lot of properties which you can start renting at some point over the summer, and a few for September. Most of my friends live in their properties and haven't had problems with them.

rockrunride
Wtf? Short of paying deposit and rent from virtually next month, have you pulled a few strings?

No. We're starting our rental in July. We've had to pay a holding deposit now, but that's subtracted from the overall deposit+1 month's rent we pay on the 1st of July.
Lizia
No. We're starting our rental in July. We've had to pay a holding deposit now, but that's subtracted from the overall deposit+1 month's rent we pay on the 1st of July.

Oh. Okay. Good idea, actually. You'll actually have an enjoyable summer unlike the one I had last year, spent at home doing sweet nothings. :wink:
Reply 16
rockrunride
Oh. Okay. Good idea, actually. You'll actually have an enjoyable summer unlike the one I had last year, spent at home doing sweet nothings. :wink:

:yes: Summer in London= Far better than summer at home. Either way I'll have a soul soul-destroyingly boring job to pay for my extortionate flat, but this way at least I'll be able to go out after work :thumbsup:
Reply 17
i want to live here over summer, but i can't afford it.
Reply 18
Well you're going to have to pay a summer you aren't here one year, so I just decided to make it this summer. I'm raiding my overdraft, and the money left over from my third term loan payment, since that's basically meant to cover much of the summer as well.
Lizia
:yes: Summer in London= Far better than summer at home. Either way I'll have a soul soul-destroyingly boring job to pay for my extortionate flat, but this way at least I'll be able to go out after work :thumbsup:

Same, same. The 12 month contract we got in September was originally an oh noez moment, but now it couldn't look sweeter. The job hunt is proving to be the worst bit. I can deal with the job itself.

Latest

Trending

Trending