The Student Room Group

French Oral Help!

Hiya! I think I may get more help if I post this in the language section...^^
So where do I start...I have been sick all week, I actually don't know what's wrong with me, but my mum has persuaded me to get an anibiotic today. Eugh I hate those things lol
Anyway I have my french oral in 4 weeks and I'm freaking out! I have 10 topics to learn and I'm only half way through. :frown:
I'm really scared that I won't have enough time to learn and prepare the rest as I have no energy to work right now.
It would be so so helpful if anyone could send me some questions and answers to give me some ideas and launch my brain into work mode, ^^ I would really appreciate it!

The topics I need help in are;
Sport and Exercise
Health and Well-Being
Holidays
Fashion/Treads
Marriage and Partnerships

Thank you so much!! :smile:
Reply 1
What level is this oral? GCSE?
Reply 2
(This is GCSE, right?) You should be able to quite easily learn each of those topics in a day (without Facebook and constant breaks), so don't panic yet. You will soon realise how much you can actually do in a short space of time when it comes to revising for A levels.

Edit: Sorry, it sounded a lot like GCSE. Still, there's probably less work to do for AS level tha GCSE since GCSE involves a lot of memorising. Just get lists of vocabulary for each topic and brush up on your grammar if you need to, and you're good to go.
Reply 3
No sorry it's AS level...that's why i'm panicking
Reply 4
why do you need to revise all those topics, i have my german oral in 3 weeks, all i have to learn is my conversation, which i have done, and then role plays, but you don't need to revise much for that, besides oral is only 30%. What exam board are you on?
Lace1323
No sorry it's AS level...that's why i'm panicking

AQA AS? I have the same topics as you....I have some practise questions I can send you if that's any help?
Reply 6
Thanks JW92 so you think its better not to memorise lots of possible questions? cause so far thats what I've really been doing, trying to predict what will come up.
Reply 7
Wezzler
why do you need to revise all those topics, i have my german oral in 3 weeks, all i have to learn is my conversation, which i have done, and then role plays, but you don't need to revise much for that, besides oral is only 30%. What exam board are you on?

Im doing AQA, So we have to learn our nominated topic for conversation, and then the examiner will pick another 2 topics to talk about and then there is the role play. But apart from the nominated topic I have no idea what is coming up so I have to learn everything.

Chopin: That would help so much! thankyou! so your doing the same Oral as me (AQA) are you memorising questions as well?
Lace1323
Im doing AQA, So we have to learn our nominated topic for conversation, and then the examiner will pick another 2 topics to talk about and then there is the role play. But apart from the nominated topic I have no idea what is coming up so I have to learn everything.

Chopin: That would help so much! thankyou! so your doing the same Oral as me (AQA) are you memorising questions as well?

We've been given questions for each topic, some of which will come up and some which we'll be given on the spot. So yes I'm memorising the ones we've been given! Ok....will PM you our questions :smile:
Reply 9
ChopinNocturne
We've been given questions for each topic, some of which will come up and some which we'll be given on the spot. So yes I'm memorising the ones we've been given! Ok....will PM you our questions :smile:

Thanks again, when is your oral?
Lace1323
Thanks again, when is your oral?

10th May :eek: Yours?
Reply 11
Lace1323

wow that makes me glad i am on ocr we have one conversation for which we know all the questions and a role play, but mine is on 6th May!!!
Reply 12
I did this test last year, if I can find my rev stuff I l'll let you know.
Reply 13
ChopinNocturne
10th May :eek: Yours?

11th May! Ill be thinking of you that Monday sending you positive vibes lol

Those questions are great, I'm sure they will help me loads!
Reply 14
Wezzler
wow that makes me glad i am on ocr we have one conversation for which we know all the questions and a role play, but mine is on 6th May!!!

Omg! you are so lucky! I wish mine was that easy :mad:
Lace1323
11th May! Ill be thinking of you that Monday sending you positive vibes lol

Those questions are great, I'm sure they will help me loads!

They're quite broad questions so they should get you think about all the areas anyway :smile: thanks, I will send you positive vibes on the Tuesday then :smile: x
Reply 16
Rfc_07
I did this test last year, if I can find my rev stuff I l'll let you know.

Wow that would be great if you can. Thanks so much!

Latest

Trending

Trending