The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
stefany-a
not exactly how I like to spend my saturday night but As will be worth it :wink: what topics are you doing for paper 2 in geography ? I find it so boring

One Saturday night surely isn't going to make a difference. I don't see why people are revising on Friday nights or on a Saturday, OK I can see that you are dedicated and want to get 5 A's but surely you have revised enough during the week to take a break on Saturday. Let me tell you, There is a time when dedication becomes desperation and I think you have reached the point. Ridiculous, absolutley Ridiculious! :stupid:
CT_Scan
One Saturday night surely isn't going to make a difference. I don't see why people are revising on Friday nights or on a Saturday, OK I can see that you are dedicated and want to get 5 A's but surely you have revised enough during the week to take a break on Saturday. Let me tell you, There is a time when dedication becomes desperation and I think you have reached the point. Ridiculous, absolutley Ridiculious! :stupid:

You might thinks so. But you plan on studying in May right? Because your first exam is on June 15th or something. But our first exam is May 12th. That's roughly the same length or time. And if I'm being honest with you revising on a Saturday is probably a better use of my time.
stefany-a
same :yes: rural land resources and development and health has to the best topic apart from the PHC bit - I am hoping to get around full marks in that paper.

The annoying this is, I should get full marks but the way I hold my pencil makes me write slower and then during exams I'm likely to get distracted but what everyone else is doing (I don't really understand that part) so I end up running out of time.
Reply 23
CT_Scan

I still don't see what soooo wrong and sad about using my time efficiently tbh I really don't care if its saturday night or monday night to me it doesn't really matter since we have had the whole week off. I think its better to study now then to stress and panick come the night before the exam. It worked for my prelim
Reply 24
Livesindreams
You might thinks so. But you plan on studying in May right? Because your first exam is on June 15th or something. But our first exam is May 12th. That's roughly the same length or time. And if I'm being honest with you revising on a Saturday is probably a better use of my time.

Massive fail by you here. If you had bothered reading my previous post you would have realised that I am Scottish and doing 5 highers and my first exams is also on the 12th (English). As for the rest of your post I don't understand it, I think it may be badly worded.
Reply 25
oh my dear god, PEOPLE ARE REVISING FOR LIKE 8 HOURS A DAY?!?!? WHAT IS THIS! :angry:
Reply 26
Livesindreams
What?! 15th June mine is May 12th... what is your first exam then? Plus April is not to soon.

stefany-a
my first exam is on 12th may !!! just a few weeks away so its not too early to study for me.

wow thats early :P i got an A2 history paper first of june and meh maybe april is ok for an exam in early may ill let you off :biggrin: i thought all the exams were later this year.. maybe its just mine :biggrin: they all mid-late june which is pretty sweet
Reply 27
Livesindreams
The annoying this is, I should get full marks but the way I hold my pencil makes me write slower and then during exams I'm likely to get distracted but what everyone else is doing (I don't really understand that part) so I end up running out of time.

for the rural and land resources use loads of named example my teacher , also a marker told us people can get up to 8 marks just by writing some named examples :eek: :woo: haha I know i hate the timing of the exam.
Reply 28
nofish4u
man u guys are so sad :P exams aint till may/june its stil early! how can you study this early lol hardcore revision kicks in during study leave. easter the last chance u get to chill BEFORE the revision!!

i agreee!!!
coming on here has made me feel guilty, but glad someone is on my wavelength :smile:
nofish4u
wow thats early :P i got an A2 history paper first of june and meh maybe april is ok for an exam in early may ill let you off :biggrin: i thought all the exams were later this year.. maybe its just mine :biggrin: they all mid-late june which is pretty sweet

Wow, me wishes I was you! Mine are between 12th May and June 1st. And right now I'm procrastinating by not multitasking!
Reply 30
stefany-a
I still don't see what soooo wrong and sad about using my time efficiently tbh I really don't care if its saturday night or monday night to me it doesn't really matter since we have had the whole week off. I think its better to study now then to stress and panick come the night before the exam. It worked for my prelim

No I don't think it is sad or wrong at all , in fact I admire your dedication and commitment to revision. I was merely stating that revising on Saturdays just doesn't work for me as I am so familiar with having that day off. I guarantee that even if you do study now , you will still be stressing an panicking come May.
stefany-a
for the rural and land resources use loads of named example my teacher , also a marker told us people can get up to 8 marks just by writing some named examples :eek: :woo: haha I know i hate the timing of the exam.

Right named exams! I shall drill them into my head :lol:
CT_Scan
Massive fail by you here. If you had bothered reading my previous post you would have realised that I am Scottish and doing 5 highers and my first exams is also on the 12th (English). As for the rest of your post I don't understand it, I think it may be badly worded.

You're being mean :frown: I'm sorry I got you mixed up with someone else. That's probably why it doesn't make sense to you because I didn't mean for it to be addressed to you.
stefany-a
for me its different everyday since I went out today I will now spent 8pm - 12 tonight working on geography and then 12 - 3am working on ratio stuff for accounts and maths - calculus. I usually do 8 hours of revision and something into the night. I know I am mad but I really want 5 As :smile:

I wish I had your motivation! I went out everyday last week and didn't get any work done at all I did was watch TV when I got back, so now I feel like I've completely wasted a week. 8 hours! Puts me to shame :cry2:
Reply 34
Livesindreams
You're being mean :frown: I'm sorry I got you mixed up with someone else. That's probably why it doesn't make sense to you because I didn't mean for it to be addressed to you.

No I wasn't being mean, I was just offended and disgusted when presumed I was English. :biggrin:
Reply 35
nofish4u

I wish my exams started that late. my last exam ( 2nd june ) is before your first !!!
CT_Scan
No I wasn't being mean, I was just offended and disgusted when presumed I was English. :biggrin:

Ah! I know understand :lol:
Reply 37
Livesindreams
Right named exams! I shall drill them into my head :lol:

like when writing about how a corrie is formed give loads of named examples :yes: I was so shocked when my teacher told us its up to 8 marks for named example, AFTER the prelim !!
Reply 38
Tut tut... revising when you could be watching the golf on BBC 2
Reply 39
stefany-a
I wish my exams started that late. my last exam ( 2nd june ) is before your first !!!

i assume your doing GCSES then? they tend to be earlier and ya late exams are nice.. but you get a summer holiday from the 2nd of june thats pretty sweet man!

Latest

Trending

Trending