The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
nofish4u
i assume your doing GCSES then? they tend to be earlier and ya late exams are nice.. but you get a summer holiday from the 2nd of june thats pretty sweet man!

No I am going highers, hence this thread being under Scottish Qualifications
Reply 41
nofish4u
i assume your doing GCSES then? they tend to be earlier and ya late exams are nice.. but you get a summer holiday from the 2nd of june thats pretty sweet man!

No, you must be extremely incompetent to not realise this is the Scottish Qualifications section of the forum. She is not doing GSCE's she is doing Scottish Highers. Summer holidays do not start immediatley after exams finish if you are in fifith year, we progress into sixth year for a couple of weeks before the summer holidays begin in July.
Reply 42
CT_Scan
No, you must be extremely incompetent to not realise this is the Scottish Qualifications section of the forum. She is not doing GSCE's she is doing Scottish Highers. Summer holidays do not start immediatley after exams finish if you are in fifith year, we progress into sixth year for a couple of weeks before the summer holidays begin in July.

wow moany much :P i didnt even look what section it was under it was just on the home page grumpy scottish people jeaaaseeee
I feel really lazy now.
Reply 44
nofish4u
wow moany much :P i didnt even look what section it was under it was just on the home page grumpy scottish people jeaaaseeee

Maybe you should pay more attention next time , eh? :mad: Typical Englishman
Play nice people. :p:
CT_Scan
Maybe you should pay more attention next time , eh? :mad: Typical Englishman

:rolleyes: What are you, twelve? Get a grip.
Reply 47
A Large Town In France
:rolleyes: What are you, twelve? Get a grip.

Yeah, sorry about that , seems a bit childish now. I just get quite annoyed with English people talking about GCSE's/ A Levels etc without realissing this is a Scottish Qualifications forum.
Rimipie
oh my dear god, PEOPLE ARE REVISING FOR LIKE 8 HOURS A DAY?!?!? WHAT IS THIS! :angry:

I know! I am really worried, because I have done hardly any revision these holidays, about an hour a day when I have been free, and I been hanging around with friends most days, I know I shouldn't!
But, I get distracted so easily, and during the Christmas holidays, the snow distracted me so much, and I didn't do much revision, luckily, I had four extra days to revise due to snow days, and I just crammed it all in then, and came out with 4 As, so I don't know what to do, because I wont get any extra days, and I am away next week, so can't revise :frown:

I am really worried, Maybe I should revise like these people !
Reply 49
pineapple123
I know! I am really worried, because I have done hardly any revision these holidays, about an hour a day when I have been free, and I been hanging around with friends most days, I know I shouldn't!
But, I get distracted so easily, and during the Christmas holidays, the snow distracted me so much, and I didn't do much revision, luckily, I had four extra days to revise due to snow days, and I just crammed it all in then, and came out with 4 As, so I don't know what to do, because I wont get any extra days, and I am away next week, so can't revise :frown:

I am really worried, Maybe I should revise like these people !

yeahh i don't even do anything though! i just lounge around at home! i have to go to the library tomorrow...
Reply 50
ugh, i switch off in half terms, I've tried to read Classics books and the interesting parts of Psychology. Not really the full on 5 hours a day that most people are doing. GOD.
Reply 51
I aim to be doing the full on 5 hours a day soon but yes, I'm in the same boat as the procrastinators :biggrin:.
Trying to do 8 hours a day from Monday, so far done about 44/45 hours but not good revision, for example no practice papers done yet, just notes. From Monday I'ma start doing questions and finding practice papers, getting people to test me etc.
Messi
X
Reply 53
KingMessi
Trying to do 8 hours a day from Monday, so far done about 44/45 hours but not good revision, for example no practice papers done yet, just notes. From Monday I'ma start doing questions and finding practice papers, getting people to test me etc.
Messi
X

I wish I had the attention span to do 8 hours! :frown:
I WILL try this.
JoshCurran
I wish I had the attention span to do 8 hours! :frown:
I WILL try this.

It's not actually that bad. Basically, I set myself 8 hours sleep a day. That leaves 16 hours awake; one hour on, one hour off. Doing an hour at a time isn't really that bad. I find longer than an hour more difficult though, i.e. two2-hour sessions.

Messi
X
Reply 55
stefany-a
like when writing about how a corrie is formed give loads of named examples :yes: I was so shocked when my teacher told us its up to 8 marks for named example, AFTER the prelim !!

Livesindreams
Right named exams! I shall drill them into my head :lol:

Just to clarify you can only ever get 3 marks per question for named examples. Just so you don't waste any time in the exam :biggrin:

I'm doing RLR and Health and Development too. I so hope a differences between named developing countries comes up. I have my teacher's model answer learned off pat and could get loads of marks for it.

What do you reckon will come up?
Reply 56
My teacher said the question on malaria etc comes up every year and we're just to learn the answer off by heart really... :smile:
Reply 57
JoshCurran
My teacher said the question on malaria etc comes up every year and we're just to learn the answer off by heart really... :smile:

plus questions like;
Advantages of using a composite indicator of development such as the HDI rather than a single indicator
come up every year
Reply 58
stefany-a
are you sure , my teacher is a marker . I hope difference within an LEDC come up haahah model answer how I love them :yes:

Yep (: I checked just to make sure :biggrin:

[URL="http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc
/09miGeographyHPaper2.pdf"]Link

Award up to three marks for relevant named examples (one mark for each feature).

I'm not so good at within a country. Are you doing Brazil?
Reply 59
Lulope
Yep (: I checked just to make sure :biggrin:

[URL="http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc
/09miGeographyHPaper2.pdf"]Link

I'm not so good at within a country. Are you doing Brazil?
haha I meant up to 8 mark for teh overall topic like rural land resources or develpoment and health.
I hate how there so much stuff to remember for it i have been trying to make a list of everything I need to know

Latest

Trending

Trending