The Student Room Group

Can an understanding of psychology, with particular reference to...

... team working, leadership and motivation, help improve individual’s effectiveness within the workplace? So I've written quite a lot about the above 3 topics but I don't really know what else to add. I thought about adding conformity and obedience but I didn't know if that would be relevant to the work place? Any ideas on what I could write?
Reply 1
magb123
... team working, leadership and motivation, help improve individual’s effectiveness within the workplace? So I've written quite a lot about the above 3 topics but I don't really know what else to add. I thought about adding conformity and obedience but I didn't know if that would be relevant to the work place? Any ideas on what I could write?

When you say an understanding of psychology, to whom are you referring? The individual themselves or management/team leaders?
Reply 2
paddy
When you say an understanding of psychology, to whom are you referring? The individual themselves or management/team leaders?

Ohhh sorry- management
conformity and obedience=very relevant.. managers need to know how to make workers be obedient otherwise productivity suffers. workers 'conform' , if everyone else is working hard and not talking it's bound to rub off on you. Just as if your in a team it can be off-putting if no-one else is making much contribution and talking incessantly.if managers are aware of this they can attempt to counteract it. get some evidence to back up such assertions(if this is coursework). thats all i have time for, now :lol:
Reply 4
magb123
Ohhh sorry- management

Ok.

As far as conformity goes you could talk about workplace culture? A good example of bad workplace culture would be Enron, very good talking point on how bad habits become common place and lead to very bad management. My management lecturer always said the fish rots from the head (or something similar) meaning bad culture is normally started by someone at the top and works its way down.

What have you talked about in reference to the 3 topics you mentioned? Maybe there's something else you could add to those?

To be honest though it sounds like you've hit the main points. Are you struggling to fill a word count?

Latest

Trending

Trending