The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2011 - Who's applying?

Dentistry 2011 - Who's applying?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am thinking of doing it, but I am still unsure. I am just going to apply for work experience - so hard to get and see if I enjoy it or not :smile:
Reply 2
I am applying. I'm worrying about the UKCAT
Meeeee!

I am reapplying!
Reply 4
Rossshaw
I am applying. I'm worrying about the UKCAT

If you are worried then make sure you familiarise yourself with the format of the exam and practise to gain speed. The best resource for that is probably the 600Q book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/into-Medical-School-comprehensive-explanations/dp/1905812094/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270939420&sr=8-1
Everyone swears by it.
Reply 5
rudyrabbit
If you are worried then make sure you familiarise yourself with the format of the exam and practise to gain speed. The best resource for that is probably the 600Q book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/into-Medical-School-comprehensive-explanations/dp/1905812094/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270939420&sr=8-1
Everyone swears by it.

Thank you :smile: I'll get my exams done first then concentrate on the UKCAT over the summer
Reply 6
Hey I applied this year deffered to 2011 so if anyone ends up at Newcastle *hello*

I also had interviews at Liverpool and Sheffield.

Just to say something I got a book for the UKCAT and found it really helpful would never have gotten the score I got without it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Succeeding-Clinical-Aptitude-Medical-School/dp/095567462X/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271371796&sr=8-9 any book you get will help you get practise in. Really useful I took mine on holiday the week before my ukcat and read up on it and it just puts your mind at ease as you know what to do so you aren't stuck in a room panicing that you read the instructions wrong :smile:

PM me for any help or anything you want
Reply 7
I'm applying :smile:
Reply 8
Yeah. Glasgow!
Reply 9
I am applying too!

Question - just sorting out my UCAS application and I'm a little confused. Even though we are applying for 2011 entry, the only way of doing that is ticking the 'deferred entry' box, which makes your year of entry 2011.
Now I'm worried that they'll think I'm applying for the year after, even though it says 2011 entry, as it also says deferred entry!

Is this normal?!
Reply 10
gene-ius
I am applying too!

Question - just sorting out my UCAS application and I'm a little confused. Even though we are applying for 2011 entry, the only way of doing that is ticking the 'deferred entry' box, which makes your year of entry 2011.
Now I'm worried that they'll think I'm applying for the year after, even though it says 2011 entry, as it also says deferred entry!

Is this normal?!

I'm just generally confused by the UCAS thing as a whole?!
Do you pay, have you put up your personal statement, is it through school?
Don't they have a 'contact us' or 'FAQs' section where you can get in touch with them?
UCAS things ..the UKCAT 'nd BMAT ..personal statement..
long way...
Imma apply for dentistry 2011
everything needs to be done by the 15th of October
Reply 12
I am applying for 2011.:biggrin: booked ukcat few weeks ago, got a date in august.just opened the 600 ukcat book n OMG:eek: :eek: ..the QR is tough!!.but im sure its will be fine with loads of practice.
n to top it all i havent found wprk exp yet..How are you all appying for work exp...phoning, sending letters, email??what works the best?I have tried everythin.
is anyone else finding QR tough?what r u doing abt it..please share any valuable tips.
dental04
I am applying for 2011.:biggrin: booked ukcat few weeks ago, got a date in august.just opened the 600 ukcat book n OMG:eek: :eek: ..the QR is tough!!.but im sure its will be fine with loads of practice.
n to top it all i havent found wprk exp yet..How are you all appying for work exp...phoning, sending letters, email??what works the best?I have tried everythin.
is anyone else finding QR tough?what r u doing abt it..please share any valuable tips.

its not just tough, its shockingly tough!

I have never been good at mental arithmetic.. and the time constraints just make that worse! :frown:
Reply 14
yeah i knw its v hard..but i dont want it to become a mental block.i have always hated math n still cant stand it:mad: .n they r soo mean to give us such time constraints.
im trying to solve simpler basic math QR stuff ...get a hang of the word n data interpretation problems first.loads of em online..
Hmmm. I think I'm not going to apply this year after all and wait until 2012 entry.

I'm just so tired at the end of uni that I can't quite face going straight back!

I'm not sure this is a good plan, but it's happening...
its ok as long as you're productive in that year out. I took 2 years out before reapplying!
Reply 17
UCAS applications for 2011 Dentistry go live on Wednesday 16th June!

Make sure you get those forms filled out everyone :smile:
gene-ius
UCAS applications for 2011 Dentistry go live on Wednesday 16th June!

Make sure you get those forms filled out everyone :smile:

Yeh, but you can't send the form off until September. And it only takes 20 minutes to fill out the form. No harm in filling it in early though, especially if you've been waiting for aaaaaaaages, lol.
I'm applying =) International student but I really hope (along with the rest of you of course) that I get it...

Quick Reply

Latest