The Student Room Group

Which University..?? Please help...

I have received conditional offers from University of Glasgow (Msc Financial forecasting and Investments), University of Durham (Msc Finance and Investments), University of Nottingham (Msc Finance and Investments) and University of York (Msc Finance). Which should I choose?

The course contents are similar in every one..only glasgow has the lowest fees...?? Rest every thing is same...I am very confused..??
SUSHANT_B86
I have received conditional offers from University of Glasgow (Msc Financial forecasting and Investments), University of Durham (Msc Finance and Investments), University of Nottingham (Msc Finance and Investments) and University of York (Msc Finance). Which should I choose?

The course contents are similar in every one..only glasgow has the lowest fees...?? Rest every thing is same...I am very confused..??

Durham is the most reputable university out of the ones you have offers for and graduates are sought after so job prospects are vg.
either go to Durham or York....
Reply 3
Hi,
Thanks for your replies..

Durham was my first choice followed by Glasgow..
But the only reason I am holding back on Durham is becoz their fees is £15,000 and Glasgow is £ 9,870. Also Durham is asking for £2000 in advance in order to secure my place in the programme..
is this a normal process...???
SUSHANT_B86
Hi,
Thanks for your replies..

Durham was my first choice followed by Glasgow..
But the only reason I am holding back on Durham is becoz their fees is £15,000 and Glasgow is £ 9,870. Also Durham is asking for £2000 in advance in order to secure my place in the programme..
is this a normal process...???

Isn't Durham (and to a lesser extent York) more renowned for its Arts courses (History, English, Languages etc)?
I would choose Durham if I had the choice out of them, as it has a better reputation than the others, however they are all good universities.
However if you are a guy, just remember women in nottingham out number men in the ration 2:1 :biggrin:
Reply 6
So if I chose Glasgow over Durham only due lower fees, would it turn out to be a bad choice??
I'll be covering fees by study loan thats why I am so much concerned about fees...
Would choosing Glasgow be a horrible choice at this stage for me...??
SUSHANT_B86
So if I chose Glasgow over Durham only due lower fees, would it turn out to be a bad choice??
I'll be covering fees by study loan thats why I am so much concerned about fees...
Would choosing Glasgow be a horrible choice at this stage for me...??

Mate, if fees are a problem for you then choose Glasgow, it is still a fantastic university and would not be a bad choice for you which you would regret because you would have your reasons for choosing it. All the universities you have chosen anybody would eb happy to go to so trust me, go for the one which will fundamentally make you the happiest :smile:
Reply 8
RamsFanNo1
Mate, if fees are a problem for you then choose Glasgow, it is still a fantastic university and would not be a bad choice for you which you would regret because you would have your reasons for choosing it. All the universities you have chosen anybody would eb happy to go to so trust me, go for the one which will fundamentally make you the happiest :smile:

Thanks a million dude...your reply was really helpful...

cheers :smile:
SUSHANT_B86
Thanks a million dude...your reply was really helpful...

cheers :smile:

No problem mate, always like to help. If you have any other question you need answering on universities feel free to ask ok :smile:
Reply 10
I personally don't understand how people are recommending Durham over Glasgow for Finance related courses.

Durham is certainly an excellent university, but Glasgow slightly edges it with its Accounting and Finance Department.

I would also recommend you to look at University of Strathclyde (in Glasgow) as its has an excellent business school (one of the triple accredited school - and the only one in Scotland).

I would happen to know all of this since I am in the same boat as you. I have an offer for Mfin International Finance from Glasgow and MSc Investment and Finance from Strathclyde and now I have to make a decision.

PM me if you require any further clarification.
Hi Haris,

Would be interested to know that with which offer you went ahead with and how was your experience? I am starteding Mfin at Glasgow this year and would love to get some first hand feedback. Thanks mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending