The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This might be completely blonde but what's a two-party system... I keep seeing it mentioned but I don't think I've ever covered that. If someone could help it would be much appreciated!
Reply 521
I remember a few for Ethnic minority political progress some of these may have changed since last year though

Progress
1965 - 300 black elected officials
2000 - 9000 black elected officials

Many major cities have ethnic minorities for mayors
cory booker
antonio villiriagoza

2008 42 blacks in House of Reps
1980 there were only 17

2008 24 Hispnaics in House of Reps
1992 only 17

Obama innagurated as President

2000 there was 579 blacks in state legislatures
1982 there were 318

2004 Condolezza Rice - secetary of state
2005 Alberto Gonzales - attorney general

However progress not as much as it first seems

blacks make up 12.9% population (may have changed) but only hold 1.8% of elected posts

67.5% of these elected posts are in the south

1 black senator only ever 6/7 (may have changed)

3 hispanic senators (may have changed)

2004 hispanic turnout was only 28%
2004 black was only 56%

13% black men disqualified from voting (may have changed since obama)
Know what I find amazing.
You can fail ALL of your essays, fail your DME, get 10 out of 10 in the short questions and still pass haha.
Makes it sound easier to get a C/B/A :biggrin:
whats more likely to come up ? immigration or political progresss of ethnic minorities ? omg im such an idiot ive only looked over immigration and the president powers for usa
Reply 524
nicolelavellex
whats more likely to come up ? immigration or political progresss of ethnic minorities ? omg im such an idiot ive only looked over immigration and the president powers for usa

I think you are likely to get immigration. Its the question i was hoping for last year.
Alot of the political progress stuff could of been used for last years question though.
K
1D- electoral systems, FPTP and STV/Two party system, a bit.
Wealth and health- Not much, will do it tonight. Gender and racial inequalities are done.
South africa- One party state/ Soc/Ec factors.
Africa- Work of NGOs/Gov Orgs. Dunno what to do for AID V TRADE? Any ideas? anyone insane enough to still be awake?
katieann93
K
1D- electoral systems, FPTP and STV/Two party system, a bit.
Wealth and health- Not much, will do it tonight. Gender and racial inequalities are done.
South africa- One party state/ Soc/Ec factors.
Africa- Work of NGOs/Gov Orgs. Dunno what to do for AID V TRADE? Any ideas? anyone insane enough to still be awake?

Me, but I'm just about to head off, exam in 9 hours, yelt! the joys :rolleyes:
Electoral systems, FPTP & STV/2 Party system, one of them very likely to come up I think.
I'm afraid I don't do Africa.

Anyway, I know most of you modern studies people will be sound asleep right now but best of luck to all of you tomorrow, keep cool and do your best :smile: Night!

Latest

Trending

Trending