The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

garlicbreadman
Introd

then Paragraph about the concordat between Local & Scottish government:

2003 - COSLA manifesto complained about institutionalised under-funding and unnecessary interference from the Scottish Executive. COSLA is the collective voice for all 32 local authorities in Scotland. now a concordat between the Scottish and Local government which sets out the terms of a new relationship between the Scottish Government and local government, based on mutual respect and partnership. It underpins the funding to be provided to local government over the period 2008-09 to 2010-11. It is endorsed by both the Scottish Ministers and by the COSLA Presidential Team.

Paragraph about cooperation : end to ring fencing, council tax freeze?

Conflict: Glasgow airport rail link cancelled, glasgow--->scottish government relationship :mad:

SNP governmet and many local coalitions - bound to be conflict?

not its co-operation & conflict between scottish parliament and westminster not scottish parliament and local councils.
thanks anyway :smile:
Can I ust intrude for a moment to remind everyone to register to receive your results a day early by text or email at www.mysqa.info.

SAM :biggrin:
Reply 42
Does anyone have any predictions as to what they think might come up for each Topic?
I'm doing America, China and Decision-Making and H&W. Our teacher seems to thnink for America that it will either be:
Participation in Politics (Ethnic Groups), Election Process.Results or Immigration 0 Gov. Policies to tackle it.
For Decision Making, she thinks Political Apathy- why people don't vote.
and for Paper 2, she thinks maybe something to do with a report on male perspective such as boys in education and in health.
What do you guys think? Any predictions?
thereald
Does anyone have any predictions as to what they think might come up for each Topic?
I'm doing America, China and Decision-Making and H&W. Our teacher seems to thnink for America that it will either be:
Participation in Politics (Ethnic Groups), Election Process.Results or Immigration 0 Gov. Policies to tackle it.
For Decision Making, she thinks Political Apathy- why people don't vote.
and for Paper 2, she thinks maybe something to do with a report on male perspective such as boys in education and in health.
What do you guys think? Any predictions?

Well for A2 if I had to guess I'd say maybe something to do with the House of Lords and how it influences the House of Commons, maybe.

For Wealth and Health maybe something about Education?

America, maybe crime and it's association with wealth and health of an individual?
Could they ask a question just about Land for S.Africa?
mysqa
Can I ust intrude for a moment to remind everyone to register to receive your results a day early by text or email at www.mysqa.info.

SAM :biggrin:

Spoiler

Lol
mysqa
Lol

See for S.Africa questions regarding talking social problems, can you talk about cime, education, etc?
See for S.Africa questions regarding talking social problems, can you talk about cime, education, etc?

e.g.
Critically examine the social and economic progress that has been made in South
Africa in recent years?

I found this question :

To what extent has there been a desire for political autonomy (self-government)
among the various groups within South Africa?

On this site, it is ridiculous and not even covered in the Higher Modern Studies Course. http://www.graemehigh.com/files/ModStudies%20Higher%20Sample%20Q%27s.pdf -P3

Also what would you write for: "Examine the arguments for reforming local government in Scotland."

I would really appreciate help

Spoiler

And

Spoiler

And

Spoiler

I was wondering does anybody or anybodies teacher have any clues or theories on what question could come up for America? Whether it's more political (Powers of the President ect.) or whether it'll be about Ethnic Minorities? Even the kind of questions from the past few years would be useful.

Thanks A Million :smile:
Could any tell a relatively modern stat for the pay gap between men and women
bigblackbear7

I don't have any examples for a specific year, but I have a sort of general one: women who work full time will earn on average £330,000 less than a man in their working lives. At the current rate it will take at least two decades to close the pay gap.

And women working full time earn 17% less than men

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
bigblackbear7

This websites got a bunch of information http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=167

Basic facts that I got were: The gap between average wages is sitting at 16.4% as of 2009 which is actually decreasing compared to 17.4% in 2008. In April 2009 the difference between median wages of men and women was sitting at £1.58 per hour.

As I said that website has a bunch of statistics so you can pick and choose the best ones.
Hope that helped :smile:
Reply 54
Hey does anyone have any websites or information or notes of some kinda on the USA 2008 elections, because this effects a lot of my notes on higher modern studies because atm ive been revising G W.Bush notes and 2004 represenation and participation which is out of date so i will lose loads of marks if its irrelvant data. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP QUICK lol:woo: :woo: :woo:
paulhibs
Hey does anyone have any websites or information or notes of some kinda on the USA 2008 elections, because this effects a lot of my notes on higher modern studies because atm ive been revising G W.Bush notes and 2004 represenation and participation which is out of date so i will lose loads of marks if its irrelvant data. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP QUICK lol:woo: :woo: :woo:

You'll be fine, it's not too out of date to worry about it.
Do we need to know much about the health debate with like the NHS, private health care and the elderly health care debate?
could we get asked a question just on the healthcare debate?
Reply 57
I don't care about this subject anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucybennett
Do we need to know much about the health debate with like the NHS, private health care and the elderly health care debate?
could we get asked a question just on the healthcare debate?

I doubt we will be aksed about tthat, but perhaps about the welfare state
I think I'll be studying this dreaded subject when I get back.

Latest

Trending

Trending