The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
skip_to_the_end
I feel the same way since I've just finished 7 years at an all girls school. I'm also in Block 17, in Flat 101 though... :smile:

ouch 7 years. oh cool have you heard any information about our block. I'm bound to bump into you at some point I would've thought, just to say, i'm really bad at thinking on the spot conversations though :hmmmm: so I don't mean to look awkward if I do.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
davebmfc
ouch 7 years. oh cool have you heard any information about our block. I'm bound to bump into you at some point I would've thought, just to say, i'm really bad at thinking on the spot conversations though :hmmmm: so I don't mean to look awkward if I do.

I'm sure we will bump into each other. :smile: I really want to know wherabouts my flat is i.e. bottom floor, top floor. I think block 17 is in a standalone building from the main "centre court"...and I don't think it's one of the ones to be re-furbished. I'm not too bothered though.

Don't worry I won't pounce on anyone unawares...I'm terrible at starting conversations.
What degree are you doing? I'm doing Multimedia Computer Systems.
Reply 42
skip_to_the_end
I'm sure we will bump into each other. :smile: I really want to know wherabouts my flat is i.e. bottom floor, top floor. I think block 17 is in a standalone building from the main "centre court"...and I don't think it's one of the ones to be re-furbished. I'm not too bothered though.

Don't worry I won't pounce on anyone unawares...I'm terrible at starting conversations.
What degree are you doing? I'm doing Multimedia Computer Systems.

There looks like theres four floors in block 17.

I think I can live with non refurbished too and I guess en-suite is just a luxury that can be missed, unless u have ensuite in which case, did I mention how nice you seem :p: .

I'm doing American and Canadian Studies so third year in US Uni woo. Where abouts you from? As we thought that they may have put a lot of Londoners in Tennis courts cause there seems to be a few of us.
davebmfc
I think I can live with non refurbished too and I guess en-suite is just a luxury that can be missed, unless u have ensuite in which case, did I mention how nice you seem :p: .

I'm doing American and Canadian Studies so third year in US Uni woo. Where abouts you from? As we thought that they may have put a lot of Londoners in Tennis courts cause there seems to be a few of us.

Nope, just a single,standard room for me. I like to rough it, lol :smile:
American and Canadian Studies eh? Sounds interesting, what compelled you to do that?

I'm a local, sort of, half hour down the road in a little town called Walsall. Not something I've ever been proud of. And I hardly know Birmingham at all...apart from the Bullring which I know a little better.
Reply 44
skip_to_the_end
Nope, just a single,standard room for me. I like to rough it, lol :smile:
American and Canadian Studies eh? Sounds interesting, what compelled you to do that?

I'm a local, sort of, half hour down the road in a little town called Walsall. Not something I've ever been proud of. And I hardly know Birmingham at all...apart from the Bullring which I know a little better.

I find the History and Politics of America interesting and find the US in general a pretty interesting and beautiful (scenery wise) place. I'm going to be completely ignorant now and ask what is Multimedia Computer Systems?

I know Walsall only by football team who are one of those that we play away and always seem to lose against altho i guess that could be said for most teams.

I went Cadburys world once about 7 years ago and thats my knowledge of Birmingham. My friend whos taking a gap year before going to Brum used to live there tho so I get told lots from him.
davebmfc
I find the History and Politics of America interesting and find the US in general a pretty interesting and beautiful (scenery wise) place. I'm going to be completely ignorant now and ask what is Multimedia Computer Systems?

I know Walsall only by football team who are one of those that we play away and always seem to lose against altho i guess that could be said for most teams.

I went Cadburys world once about 7 years ago and thats my knowledge of Birmingham. My friend whos taking a gap year before going to Brum used to live there tho so I get told lots from him.

The US and Canada are both places I want to visit at some point, I might even consider moving across the pond. MCS is basically programming, design and systems engineering. I chose it because it was bits and pieces of everything I'm interested in.
I always find Birmingham slightly intimidating, but I think thats my small town mentality kicking in. I can find my way round if I think hard enough.
Reply 46
skip_to_the_end
The US and Canada are both places I want to visit at some point, I might even consider moving across the pond. MCS is basically programming, design and systems engineering. I chose it because it was bits and pieces of everything I'm interested in.
I always find Birmingham slightly intimidating, but I think thats my small town mentality kicking in. I can find my way round if I think hard enough.

Yeah i'd love to do work over there but like as part of a job from home like Civil Service/Foreign Office.

I find Birmingham more intimidating than London but thats cause I know London so I think i'll be ok. Your course sounds cool.
Hey, I'm in block 3, flat 13 :P Anyone nearby, contact me :smile:
Manchester_dude
Hey, I'm in block 3, flat 13 :P Anyone nearby, contact me :smile:

I'm block 3, flat 15..we'll be neighbours!!:smile:
Cool, wel... that was nearly bang on lol.
Reply 50
I went to have a look round today, all very nice, apart from the 'local shops' about 20 min walk - other side of the uni. I'm in centre court on the top floor, it's all what you'd expect from student accomodation, it's about 10 mins walk to the centre of the uni (I walked it). From what I can make out if your on the bottom floor by the entrace/exit it's four sharing and small kitchen, middle/top and side flats are five sharing and corner blocks are six. The kitchen in the five sharing are shotgun room so you can see right the way through).
Reply 51
sfboy
I went to have a look round today, all very nice, apart from the 'local shops' about 20 min walk - other side of the uni. I'm in centre court on the top floor, it's all what you'd expect from student accomodation, it's about 10 mins walk to the centre of the uni (I walked it). From what I can make out if your on the bottom floor by the entrace/exit it's four sharing and small kitchen, middle/top and side flats are five sharing and corner blocks are six. The kitchen in the five sharing are shotgun room so you can see right the way through).

Thanks thats quite usful. Was the surrounding area nice when you went and is it worth bringing rollerblades?
Reply 52
im in tennis court...block 19 flat 113...anybody else near me?
Reply 53
i'm in block 11 flat 62 anyone near me? Can't wait to move in. Whens everyone going? I'm going on the 18th!
Reply 54
kates86
im in tennis court...block 19 flat 113...anybody else near me?

Yep, I'm near ya. Block 19, Flat 119...I think!
See you there!
Reply 55
just wondering whether rooms in tennis court has tv aerial sockets in them?
im in block 10, flat 57 in TC
yes they do. the signal is abysmal, depending on the flats though. i couldn't get decent reception in tennis courts. (never did buy a satellite box to try out that either, did anyone?)

some of the renovated blocks in tc's have hi-gain aerials though so get a good signal, sometimes even freeview. i would advise you take your coat hanger aerial though :smile:
Reply 58
rjones
Looks like they put all us Londoners in Tennis Courts! I'm on the outskirts of South London, out near Kingston. Maybe we have a reputation......

Yup, I'm a londoner too - also near Kingston, in Hampton Court :smile:
Reply 59
Does anyone have any pictures of the rooms, or at least know what kinda size they are?
Someone told me they're quite small, and I'm basically trying to fit a mini studio in there - any indication of size would be appreciated.

Latest

Trending

Trending