Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what documents do i need for my driving test?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know that you need both parts of your license, but is there anything else you need as I have my test later this afternoon, Thanks.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    theory test certificate

Good luck!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just did this 1 hour ago and passed. You need your theory certificate, booking reciept, provisional license and make sure you have your tax disc displayed in your window!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    theory test certificate

Good luck!!
    Thanks, I've been looking on the DVLA site but couldn't find any info on what you needed to take.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    I've just did this 1 hour ago and passed. You need your theory certificate, booking reciept, provisional license and make sure you have your tax disc displayed in your window!
    Whats the booking receipt, I don't think I have one of those?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You'll need both parts of your licence, your theory test pass certificate and a kind examiner.... :-) Good Luck!

Just looked at Direct Gov website, they are also stating that you must bring the booking confirmation letter or a printout of the confirmation e-mail, bring it just in case!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    Thanks, I've been looking on the DVLA site but couldn't find any info on what you needed to take.
    lol you didn't look very hard did you :p:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...est/DG_4022541

* an appropriately insured and licensed vehicle, displaying L-plates (except for taxi and Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) part two tests), that is suitable for the purpose of the test
    * the appropriate theory test pass certificate (or confirmation) if you are not exempt; for lorry or bus theory tests, you'll need to bring both your multiple choice and hazard perception pass letters or your overall theory test pass certificate letter
    * your appointment letter or a printed version of your email confirmation
    * both parts of your photo card licence - if you don't take both parts of your licence, your test will not take place and you'll lose your fee
    * if you have an old-style paper licence, you must take your signed driver licence and a valid passport - no other form of photographic identification will be accepted
    * for both modules of the motorcycle test you must present your compulsory basic training certificate (CBT)
    * for module two of the motorcycle test you must present your motorcycle module one test pass certificate
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you book your test, or whoever booked it for you should have been given one when you've paid for the test.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's basically the confirmation email. Dont worry if you dont bring it though, mine wasn't checked, nor was any of my friends'.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    probably an email sent after you booked it, and make sure you have you tax disk on your car (if you're using your own car), i couldn't take my bike test because someone had stolen mine:mad: , lost my money aswell.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have had three tests (thankfully no more now ) and I did not take my theory certificate or booking confirmation email. This was at two different test centres. I just took my paper counterpart and actual license.

You definitely don't need the email, as I didn't even get one for one of my tests and I sent an email to the DVLA. They responded a day after my test (useful.. ) with:
    "Thank you for your email dated 14 February.

I can confirm that the confirmation letter or email is sent for your own records. You do not have to bring it to the test with you.

The documentation required at the test is both parts of the provisional licence (photocard licence and paper counterpart) or, if a candidate has an old style paper licence, a valid passport. A CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) pass certificate if a motorcycle test. No other forms of ID will be acceptable."

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 12, 2010
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.