The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Moving in dates.. very confusing!!

hey, I'm goin in sept ( soooo excited :biggrin:), moving into Lambert hall.
The thing is I have heard so many different dates for moving in- anything from the thurs (15th) til the Sunday 18th. I wasnt given the exact date. I recently emailed the accom office and all they had to give me was a link to semester dates- which is 19th onwards...
so is there a definate date, is it different for each hall, does everyone move in on same day or do you just arrive and hope your not late or early.
so many questions please help ppl!
thanks
~brigid~
xxxx
Reply 1
FOr me it is 15th earliest.
It said that on a leaflet and on my accomodation contract
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
yeah i dont get it either. i think you can move in whenever you want really between the 15th and 19th. i guess i'll just pick the 17th. 17's a good enough number.
Reply 3
clockwood
yeah i dont get it either. i think you can move in whenever you want really between the 15th and 19th. i guess i'll just pick the 17th. 17's a good enough number.

Yes, you can move in any time between thursday the 15th and sunday the 19th. Choose whatevers best for you.
Reply 4
All the halls are different. Last year if i remember rightly, the different areas (i.e. in the city, vic park and fallowfield) all had different moving in dates, fallowfield being the latest.

you will get sent more information nearer the time. Dont just turn because if you're too early they'll send you away and if you're too late they might have re-allocated your room.
Reply 5
It'll tell you the dates you can move in on your accomodation offer. Should be coming to you shortly.
Reply 6
shouldnt it say on your contract
thanks, I guess if i dont get any more info I'll go on the 17th- not too early not too late right ?
I didnt get a date along with my contract, which I found a bit strange.
Reply 8
graduate_kc
shouldnt it say on your contract
yeah that's what I thought as well, it was very clear on mine..

Latest

Trending

Trending