The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey, I'm in the same situation hoping to change and start again somewhere else this year. You need to apply through UCAS again and do it ASAP especially as there are so many applications this year.

Not entirely sure about student finance but I think you are allowed to drop out and start again and get another 3 years funding.
Reply 2
As it is said is hundreds of threads...

You are entitled to (new course +1) - old course, years.
Cheers man, doing UCAS now. Looks like I'm going to have to pay for my PGCE (teaching course) myself at the end of university then, oh well.
Sorry, I did type "changing unis" into the search box but it only came up with a thread around "I love an indian girl" or something stupid.
Reply 5
delicateknifefight
Cheers man, doing UCAS now. Looks like I'm going to have to pay for my PGCE (teaching course) myself at the end of university then, oh well.

I changed uni after 1st year and it was pretty simple, as far as student finance is concerned i was sent a "change of circumstance" form which i put my new uni on and that was it. Depending what subject you want to teach (if its a mainstream one i.e. not PE) then you may want to consider Teachfirst. That way you get paid to do your PGCE and get your NQT year out the way and a masters. I have a place on Teachfirst so if you want to ask anything bout applying I dont mind :smile:. Hope that helps :smile:
UCAS doesn't save all of your previous exam grades, damn it. Need to remember what grades I got in high school ha.
Reply 7
delicateknifefight

You are eligible for a loan to do that.

http://www.tda.gov.uk/Recruit/thetrainingprocess/fundinginengland/undergraduate_funding.aspx

That is undergraduate, I want to do postgraduate, and the reason I don't think I can is because on the TDA website is says the loan is from SFE, so it's the same company.

Ah well, we'll see, thanks for your help.
Reply 9
delicateknifefight
UCAS doesn't save all of your previous exam grades, damn it. Need to remember what grades I got in high school ha.

This is a problem I'm having, I know my grades but on the UCAS form you need to put in the awarding body for the exams! (AQA, Edexcel etc.)

My GCSE certificates are back at my uni hundreds of miles away so how can I find this out???
delicateknifefight
That is undergraduate, I want to do postgraduate, and the reason I don't think I can is because on the TDA website is says the loan is from SFE, so it's the same company.

Ah well, we'll see, thanks for your help.

Sorry, wrong link.
http://www.tda.gov.uk/Recruit/thetrainingprocess/fundinginengland/postgrad_funding.aspx

You will still get the loan, it is one of the exceptions.

Unless things change before you want to start your course..
stardog32
This is a problem I'm having, I know my grades but on the UCAS form you need to put in the awarding body for the exams! (AQA, Edexcel etc.)

My GCSE certificates are back at my uni hundreds of miles away so how can I find this out???

Honestly have no idea mate, I guess we're gonna have to make some wild guesses ha.
Right, according to the student finance formula, I've already had one year, and now I'm changing my course to a foundation year and the 3 year degree after that, so I should be fully covered for that, right?

Latest

Trending

Trending