The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ITT: People with horrible parents.
Reply 41
W.H.T
May I ask how bad were you're AS-level grades. I'm just curious since I see from your sig that Oxford have offered you a place.

I was predicted 5As at AS, and instead I ended up with 2As, 2Bs and a C. My Bs were in chemistry and biology which were important for my course, so everyone, staff at college included, told me not to bother.
Reply 42
My mum started showing it off like I had already go in.
Reply 43
MJlover

Awww :frown: I hate it when that happens, at least you got LSE:cool:
I don't actually remember, so obviously not a very big reaction, whatever it was.
Reply 45
MJlover

Mine too.

My father on the other hand said I was "stuck up". :rolleyes:

My 27-year-old brother thought my college was the name of a university in Oxford and had a "what, the Oxford?" moment. :rolleyes:
Reply 46
Diaz89
Awww :frown: I hate it when that happens, at least you got LSE:cool:

thank God, it was such a come down when I got a big fat NO even before an interview.
We all jizzed and erected Oxford plaques around the house and we're aloud to speak no more than 12 words without mentioning Oxford
Reply 48
AisAis
Mine too.

My father on the other hand said I was "stuck up". :rolleyes:

My 27-year-old brother thought my college was the name of a university in Oxford and had a "what, the Oxford?" moment. :rolleyes:

so did you get in?
Cos after the hype its really bad, especially when everyone pities you.
Mine were proud of me for fighting my corner and turning them down after some stuff happened
:proud:
Sappho
Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering what other people's parents think when their children tell them that they envisage applying to Oxford. I suppose that my parents will think I'm totally mad :smile:
Seriously, they also say that they can't understand why I'm so passionate about my subject (Classics), so I'm not sure what they will do if I tell them about my plans. I'm afraid that they want to stop me.
Besides, I'm not a UK student and actually, my parents even think that I want to go to university in our city, I suppose.

Who will give me advice or their experience?

Thank you!

I didn't want to go Oxford. HOWEVR:
When I told my mum I wanted to go Cambridge she was like OK. Her friend (who was present at the time) just laughed and said if I get in she'll buy me all my shopping (foolish women).
When my mum saw I was serious she then encouraged me.
Reply 51
Slick-Jay
They told me to get straight because i'm going to Cambridge.

:awesome:
Reply 52
ibysaiyan
They said hell yes son! go ahead.

Of topic but I so want the womanin your sig's hair.
DMV
Of topic but I so want the womanin your sig's hair.

You look-alike her or you want to be her :smile: ?If its former PM ME!
Reply 54
ibysaiyan
You look-alike her or you want to be her :smile: ?If its former PM ME!

Want to be her.
Just having her slightly Animeish hair would be nice though. :smile:
DMV
Want to be her.
Just having her slightly Animeish hair would be nice though. :smile:

Cool.I am still looking for "her".
REMINDER: PM IS A CLICK AWAY.
Mother seemed apathetic at the time, now she regrets it. Father was ever so slightly more concerned. Usually the other way around with my mother caring a little too much.
My dad was the one who talked me into it, bless him :h:
Peregrine
They said quit dreaming.

So I quit dreaming and started making it a reality...

respect :smile:
Reply 59
[QUOTE="DalekLover"]My parents didn't think I would make it due to bad AS grades, so they didn't think I should apply. Soon showed them :wink:[/QUOTE

Can you specify your 'bad AS grades'?

Latest

Trending

Trending