The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Lou :)
Yay! a fellow foodie :smile: devonshire looks really nice, i'm applying for james baillie park which is pretty close to devonshire i think. Do you live far from leeds? x

Food Nutrition looks really fun, I have a 2nd year friend going into last year doing Food and Nutrition. The Labs look cool anywho the building is quiet nice and newish looking on the outside.

Can you after your 1st year bake me some nutritious product that will help me through my 2nd year exams please, you food nutri's should start selling food to the Union for us to buy instead of all this unhealthy crap with little alternative.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Just realised I never posted that I'm hopefully doing International Relations, and I've applied to Clarence Dock.
Reply 42
Moonbeam1991
Food Nutrition looks really fun, I have a 2nd year friend going into last year doing Food and Nutrition. The Labs look cool anywho the building is quiet nice and newish looking on the outside.

Can you after your 1st year bake me some nutritious product that will help me through my 2nd year exams please, you food nutri's should start selling food to the Union for us to buy instead of all this unhealthy crap with little alternative.

It is a pretty awesome subject! I sat outside the food building in the sun when I visited which was really relaxing in front of the big pond :smile:
That's a good idea you've got there, selling healthy snack products to get through revision :yep: definitely better than tea and digestives :p:
Lou :)
It is a pretty awesome subject! I sat outside the food building in the sun when I visited which was really relaxing in front of the big pond :smile:
That's a good idea you've got there, selling healthy snack products to get through revision :yep: definitely better than tea and digestives :p:

Yay to the big concrete Roger Stevens pond a fresher always goes to A&E as a result of that pond, u jump or slip in and it slices you to pieces on the rigged concrete that wasnt flattened until smooth.

How about I use my canvassing political persuasion skills to get people to buy your produce, which I picked up from studying politics and you can feed me unlimited supply in return :P

If you want to talk to someone who does it now going into her last year add me on FB: *mod edit: please don't post your email* then look for Grace on my friends list and add her with a personal message explaining you notice she is doing food and nutrition and you wondered if she wouldnt mind talking to you about it, she will be happy to tell you about F&N she loves her subject.
Reply 44
Anyone for Accounting & Finance? :smile:
jelly1000
Just realised I never posted that I'm hopefully doing International Relations, and I've applied to Clarence Dock.

Oh cool I have done some of the modules you will do next year: International Politics and Globalisation though im doing straight politics.

I highly recomend Freedom, Power and Democracy its really good starter into generalistic politics, its a topic everyone has an opinion on things like challenging Democracy v Authoritarianism, you find some strange positives about Authoritarianism coming from a devout Lib Dem here lol. Freedom, Power and Democracy is one of your first choices out of three you could make on the IR programme.

Then you have to pick 1 of 4, I wouldnt know what to advise here I did European Politics and British politics aswell, but you can choose electives in POLIS, but in first year some of the best modules are in the History departments you can pick up as electives whom I know many who have and loved it.

I dont know how much you already know or have seen but this is a really good thing to look over to be prepared when you get here in September: POLIS International Relations Programme

Feel free to also add me on FB:*mod edit: please don't post your email* make sure you leave me a personal message with the add so I know its you :smile: Then you can ask me about any of the 1st year modules, if I dont know I can put you in contact with someone who does and has studied it or find out for you :smile:
Moonbeam1991
Oh cool I have done some of the modules you will do next year: International Politics and Globalisation though im doing straight politics.

I highly recomend Freedom, Power and Democracy its really good starter into generalistic politics, its a topic everyone has an opinion on things like challenging Democracy v Authoritarianism, you find some strange positives about Authoritarianism coming from a devout Lib Dem here lol. Freedom, Power and Democracy is one of your first choices out of three you could make on the IR programme.

Then you have to pick 1 of 4, I wouldnt know what to advise here I did European Politics and British politics aswell, but you can choose electives in POLIS, but in first year some of the best modules are in the History departments you can pick up as electives whom I know many who have and loved it.

I dont know how much you already know or have seen but this is a really good thing to look over to be prepared when you get here in September: POLIS International Relations Programme

Feel free to also add me on FB: *mod edit: please don't post your email* make sure you leave me a personal message with the add so I know its you :smile: Then you can ask me about any of the 1st year modules, if I dont know I can put you in contact with someone who does and has studied it or find out for you :smile:

Thanks a lot. I was at the politics open day so I've been given the sheet detailing the core modules and elective options for each year. I will definitley consider the freedom power & democracy option.
jelly1000
Thanks a lot. I was at the politics open day so I've been given the sheet detailing the core modules and elective options for each year. I will definitley consider the freedom power & democracy option.

Ok sorry for all that info then, well if you assume people dont know something you cant ever go wrong, hopefully it will help someone else anyway though :rolleyes:

Look forward to it, I might be your pass session leader next year :biggrin:
Moonbeam1991
Ok sorry for all that info then, well if you assume people dont know something you cant ever go wrong, hopefully it will help someone else anyway though :rolleyes:

Look forward to it, I might be your pass session leader next year :biggrin:

nah no need to be sorry, it was helpful anyway because its not like ive studied that list in detail, i couldnt remember what the options were. and i will look forward to it providing i get the grades or Leeds are nice and let me in anyway. I was so annoyed they raised the IR offers to AAB.
jelly1000
nah no need to be sorry, it was helpful anyway because its not like ive studied that list in detail, i couldnt remember what the options were. and i will look forward to it providing i get the grades or Leeds are nice and let me in anyway. I was so annoyed they raised the IR offers to AAB.

U will get in on an ABB I bet ya, raising grades bad timing with new A-level spec. But you probs end up with AAA anyway dont be defeatist :biggrin:
Moonbeam1991
U will get in on an ABB I bet ya, raising grades bad timing with new A-level spec. But you probs end up with AAA anyway dont be defeatist :biggrin:

I hope I will, AAA is extremely unlikely seeing as I'm on ABB at the moment and I'm not resitting exams in the summer (was on ABC prior to January)
International relations

Applied for oxley. Whats the social life like as my main aim in year 1 of uni is to spend atleats half the time hammerd and the other half recovering :biggrin:
jelly1000
I hope I will, AAA is extremely unlikely seeing as I'm on ABB at the moment and I'm not resitting exams in the summer (was on ABC prior to January)

I went into it with ABB (after a january resit or two, was ABC prior) and came out ABB, 3 marks off an A in politics and 5 marks off an A in history :frown: I was a low B in History I suprised myself lol. Then if there was an A* when I did it I would of got that in Sociology as I only dropped 4 marks off it.

Lifes a biatch, but you usually get in if you drop one grade, I needed AAB and got ABB, but then again I had an interview for PPS, so that may of gone in my favour they liked my interview but not enough for PPS lol, so offered be politics. But under the new grading boundaries I would of got A*AA :frown: :frown: :frown: just reaching those two A's as they lowered an A by 10marks. None of it matters now though I got here, just woulda looked better on paper :biggrin:
Reply 53
has anyone else applied for dev??
Reply 54
Anyone studying Cinema and Photography?
Reply 55
dnnr
Anyone studying Cinema and Photography?

I am :smile: hopefully anyway, just need a B in Film Studies now to get in so I should be ok, i'm excited but a bit worried cos i have no actual filmmaking experience, don't know if it's expected
Reply 56
yubari
I am :smile: hopefully anyway, just need a B in Film Studies now to get in so I should be ok, i'm excited but a bit worried cos i have no actual filmmaking experience, don't know if it's expected

I have a little bit but I'm more handy behind an SLR. I don't think it will be hard on beginners. And if your doing a Film Studies A Level, you will be more than prepared. I'm sure you'll get your B.

Which halls? Really excited for September!
I've applied for Psychology and Henry Price accomodation :smile:
Reply 58
dnnr
I have a little bit but I'm more handy behind an SLR. I don't think it will be hard on beginners. And if your doing a Film Studies A Level, you will be more than prepared. I'm sure you'll get your B.

Which halls? Really excited for September!

haha I don't feel prepared though! I do love film studies but we've just done stuff like screenplays and essays and no practical stuff at all. Can't wait to learn though :smile: i applied to opal 3 but god knows where i'll actually end up, i just want to move to leeds already!
Reply 59
yubari
haha I don't feel prepared though! I do love film studies but we've just done stuff like screenplays and essays and no practical stuff at all. Can't wait to learn though :smile: i applied to opal 3 but god knows where i'll actually end up, i just want to move to leeds already!

When did you apply? I applied in March, I'm fairly confident that I'll get Lupton. I really hope so.

Latest