The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Moonbeam1991
Devonshire is a bitchy enviroment of toffs and wannabes, all nice on the exterior until you dig a little and found out what they say about you when your not there. You will be asked about your grades and assessed on them, if its not 4A's prepare to be mocked behind your back. If you studied subjects like Sociology prepare to be not taken serious and be treated as a lesser person. If you use any form of slang do be looked at in a confused manner. Prepare to have a good story about your parents occupation and how much they earn and how powerful their occupations are. This will be your 1st Semester at Dev more than likely.

People will be treated as equal and one of the club if they come from a prestigious background, they wont ever comment on it or laugh at you to your face if you do not meet these background checks, but they will constantly think of you as a lesser in their minds and you will notice it eventually and not be one of the club.

Its a highly intense enviroment not your typical student one, its like boarding school in short, people just didnt mature and probably came straight from boarding schools. I would only reccomend it to someone who is a tweed and knows they will vote Tory and always vote Tory who has come straight out of public school and does not know what a council estate is and thus does not understand the reality of the word money and wealth.

Jesus christ, you sound like the most bitter person in the world....

"Be prepared for this", "be prepared for that" Who the hell do you think you are?!

Did you even go to Devonshire halls?!!?

You think people who vote Tory are immature and stupid? Wow, your an insightful one aren't you?

A bitchy environment of toffs and wannabees, eh? Your the one who sounds like a c**t so shut the hell up you ignorant generalising pig. You've obviously had some bitter incident with somebody there and are simply spiteful I reckon. Back in your hole, prick - stop being so ridiculous and stupid.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 61
Hey anyone staying at Leeds IQ this year?Im too fresher doing Geography BA?

Greg
Reply 62
I was in Ellerslie Hall last year and, really, it was full of arrogant wannabes who vote Tory (as I could see on their FB pages)..

Money makes people arrogant sometimes.. sorry..
The.Fun.Times
Jesus christ, you sound like the most bitter person in the world....

"Be prepared for this", "be prepared for that" Who the hell do you think you are?!

Did you even go to Devonshire halls?!!?

You think people who vote Tory are immature and stupid? Wow, your an insightful one aren't you?

A bitchy environment of toffs and wannabees, eh? Your the one who sounds like a c**t so shut the hell up you ignorant generalising pig. You've obviously had some bitter incident with somebody there and are simply spiteful I reckon. Back in your hole, prick - stop being so ridiculous and stupid.

Im afraid a lot of people back this bitchyness up, its very true actually everyone knows that at the Uni. Yes I have had 3 pretty bad incidents there followed by two friends having terrible incidents there. And another friend moving rooms within Devonshire but still finding it pretty dire.

I dont have a problem with Tory voting, what I have a problem with is little toffs, who vote Tory all there life because mummy and daddy do. Without understanding or realizing what there doing, they lack the capacity to actually assess and weigh up policies. Thats what your going to get at Dev, mark my words. Im clueless how half of them got into the Uni, the lack of common sense is unbelievable.
Moonbeam1991

Don't mean to butt in but all you seem to be doing is negating what anyone else says and trying to enforce your infinite wisdom on other people.

I'm sure 90% of people that post in the UoL forums now know that:

1) You think concept place is freaking awesome
2) You think University halls suck
3) You think all people who don't share the same view as you are objectively wrong.
4) You have a complete inability to express yourself in a concise way.

We know you mean well, just stfu and stop annoying eveyone.
Reply 65
um... anyone doing civil engineering BA?
Go to opal 3. I applied there but I'm not sure if its full or not....

Oh well where ever I go ill have a good time :wink:
hey guys, when can we move into our accommodation and when does freshers week start?
151290 Thomas
hey guys, when can we move into our accommodation and when does freshers week start?

it's the week before term starts which is, according to my ucas, 29th sep. so i'm guessing 20th - 27th
151290 Thomas

Yup, the previous poster is right on the term dates and Freshers Week. When you can move into your accommodation varies from place to place:
11th for The Tannery and Opal 3 (and for the 51 week postgrad blocks at Leodis, Montague Burton and Grayson Heights)
15th for most of the other self-catering places (except Devonshire)
18th for all the catered halls and the self-catered bit of Devonshire.
There may be some other self-catered blocks where it's being refurbished over the summer and you can only move in from 18th but I don't think so.
But whatever the contract start date, most people move in on the weekend of the 18th/19th. Unless you've got something specific to do before that (e.g the orientation programme for international or for disabled students), everything is pretty quiet on campus and in halls so if you can leave it until 18th/19th, it's more fun moving in with everyone else.
151290 Thomas

Uni has strict move in beginning dates. Private accom you can move in 1st September if you want, I did last year.

Freshers starts September many 2nd and 3rd years come early because they are renting property from july10-july11. So it makes sense for them to come back and start partying from 1st September. Most people start moving in 11th the Uni accom people usually like 15th-17th and late ones 20th. I mean by 20th You should have full halls.

If your a first year get here early as you can, meet people and explore places. If you come early n' only one person in your shared accom you can get to know them really well and have a close m8 str8 off. Explore the city and scout out places to go out etc. Its worth coming here early and searching for students, means you know more people than everyone else when you get here. So everyone will gravitate towards you, if you know the city, campus and people.
Reply 71
Anyone doing English or applied for Henry Price accommodation? :smile: I don't think I've seen anyone else on this thread doing either!
Sofi891
Anyone doing English or applied for Henry Price accommodation? :smile: I don't think I've seen anyone else on this thread doing either!

There are loads of English applicants about !

Also, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1210735
Reply 73
and no one appears to be living in Leodis with me!
Reply 74
I can hardly find anyone doing Cinema and Photography next year! I think I found one person on TSR.
Reply 75
Ive found no one! Ohh your course sounds good though!
sallijessi
and no one appears to be living in Leodis with me!

i think there are at least two groups on facebook for people living in leodis, and i know someone (outside of TSR) who has applied for there
Reply 77
jelly1000
i think there are at least two groups on facebook for people living in leodis, and i know someone (outside of TSR) who has applied for there

good! i have searched for the groups but cant seem to find them! :smile:
Reply 78
I've applied for Henry Price and firmed for Psychology :smile:
sallijessi
good! i have searched for the groups but cant seem to find them! :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=168696646968&ref=search

thats the one with the most members.

Latest