The Student Room Group

Wanting To Be A IT Guy?

hi guys

im writing this post for advice on how to be the IT Guy , i am on here nearly 18 hours a day , i feel in the past couple of years ive lost the it factor to being a person who knows it all about techonology and other topics like programming and loads more, i am 18 years old and lost in a transition of learning and doing what i use to be good at , has anyone else felt like this? or is it me aging badly?? because ive gained alot of weight and im not in college , man i feel like **** , what can i do or learn about? playing world of warcraft is wearing off like addict , i get bored because i see people making it off the internet and im here diein of depression

thanks alot for replies guys

and sorry for grammer spellings
Reply 1
Notorious123
hi guys

im writing this post for advice on how to be the IT Guy , i am on here nearly 18 hours a day , i feel in the past couple of years ive lost the it factor to being a person who knows it all about techonology and other topics like programming and loads more, i am 18 years old and lost in a transition of learning and doing what i use to be good at , has anyone else felt like this? or is it me aging badly?? because ive gained alot of weight and im not in college , man i feel like **** , what can i do or learn about? playing world of warcraft is wearing off like addict , i get bored because i see people making it off the internet and im here diein of depression

Right well, sitting on your ass all day playing WoW isn't going to get you anywhere. Tomorrow get up bright and early, have a shower put something that's smart but casual and go down to your local college and speak to someone there about what courses you can do and which ones you will be interested in. As you're 18 I think you can get your college fee's paid for so there shouldn't be a problem there. Get yourself some recognised qualifications.

google w3 schools in the mean time and maybe learn some HTML > CSS > PHP > JS
Reply 2
Notorious123
hi guys

You can't be an IT guy - you've got too much neg rep...

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending