The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Yeah, there's a pretty good dance school just up the road by the name of King's College London.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Am i able to join King's dance classes if i pay for them? that seems pretty accessible too, and some people were saying it's possible...
how about hiphop/street jazz dance classes? are there also studios nearby?
you want to dance? then you shall dance my friend!! :woo:
Reply 5
I joined the UCL dance soc but don't plan to next year. I have a bit of experience, but their beginners classes were far from beginner level so I felt that for me it was a waste of money. I'm considering going to The Place instead.
Reply 6
The dance society aren't too bad, but lessons are scheduled only during the first term and then second term is dedicated to shows. They do run a street jazz class and a hiphop class, but as i didnt finish labs til 6 i could only go to hiphop. As it was the only class i could make, it wasnt really worth me joining the society. If you join, go to as many classes as possible.

ULU run a latin and ballroom dance society, and the classes are £4-£6, but take place in old street. However, i really like it so i try and make the effort to go
mousedust
I joined the UCL dance soc but don't plan to next year. I have a bit of experience, but their beginners classes were far from beginner level so I felt that for me it was a waste of money. I'm considering going to The Place instead.

So the classes are rather tough?
Reply 8
wintersodapop
So the classes are rather tough?

For me, I found that they were. I went into it hoping it would act as a refresher class as I hadn't danced for a while and I assumed that as it was supposed to be a beginners class, that they would go over things and explain how to do some of the harder steps, but instead they just seemed to expect everyone to be able to know what they meant and to be able to keep up. There were a few other people stood around looking a bit confused and lost too.
mousedust
For me, I found that they were. I went into it hoping it would act as a refresher class as I hadn't danced for a while and I assumed that as it was supposed to be a beginners class, that they would go over things and explain how to do some of the harder steps, but instead they just seemed to expect everyone to be able to know what they meant and to be able to keep up. There were a few other people stood around looking a bit confused and lost too.

Mind if I ask how much dance experience do you have? And maybe we could go for dance classes together if I end up in UCL this sep :yep:
Reply 10
wintersodapop
Mind if I ask how much dance experience do you have? And maybe we could go for dance classes together if I end up in UCL this sep :yep:

About a year of ballet, which is what I still want to do. I picked it up quite recently (had a break from it at college because I was poor! lol). I did tap when I was younger, but am not so fussed about that anymore. How about you? It would be cool to have someone to go to classes with :cool:
mousedust
About a year of ballet, which is what I still want to do. I picked it up quite recently (had a break from it at college because I was poor! lol). I did tap when I was younger, but am not so fussed about that anymore. How about you? It would be cool to have someone to go to classes with :cool:

Haha I'm more into hiphop/street jazz at the moment (which ain't that long since I started really RECENTLY haha, but I love it none the less:p: ). Used to do taekwondo when I was young, stopped cos I was too busy :s-smilie: Which year are you in+which course?

ps. maybe we shld talk online instead haha do you have msn? PM ME =)

Latest

Trending

Trending