The Student Room Group
Reply 1
UCL will be the most expensive, being in London - but you also get a bigger loan. However, it's probably got the best reputation out of the 3.
yeah I mean in terms of reputation, UCL is world scale.
BUT! reminder that it will be really expansive. plus, UCL is not that well known for mathematical studies, including computer science.
Reply 3
yes,that's what i am thinking.If i choose UCL,it will cost more 10000 pounds than the other two unis.I really don't know whether it is worthy.
I mean if it was something like Imperial College for Computer, without a doubt I will say go for it, but not UCL. For me, Bath looks more fascinating.
Reply 5
Tae-Hwan Lee
I mean if it was something like Imperial College for Computer, without a doubt I will say go for it, but not UCL. For me, Bath looks more fascinating.

Thank you for your advice~
well,how about the computer science in Bath uni
Reply 6
If you're going back to China, UCL for sure. Chinese firms won't even have heard of Loughborough.
UCL.
You will make up the savings you could have made going to either of the other two in your graduate job.
I felt the need to say this:

LOUGHBOROUGH IS AMAZING!
Reply 9
UCL is the BEST!
but the living spending in london is also VERY high!
so if you can afford that, UCL would definitely be the best choice,
but if not, i would say that Loughbrough should be better
Reply 10
Bramlow
If you're going back to China, UCL for sure. Chinese firms won't even have heard of Loughborough.

Haha,that's true.Some companies even don' t know LSE and IC
I'm going for UCL MEng CS over Southampton, Warwick and Birmingham! UCL FTW!
Tommy_Wu
Thank you for your advice~
well,how about the computer science in Bath uni

tbh, I really don't know Bath uni in much depth. But I know that UCL, in terms of computer science, sucks. However, if you are intended to go to further study like masters or Ph.D, undergraduate study might not affect you much. (I mean in terms of syllabus and so on, of course you have to get the first to go to other good uni.s for graduate study!)

but UCL is, again, expensive! living cost will chock you. so unless you have ways to get some financial support and so on, Bath.
Reply 13
Tae-Hwan Lee
tbh, I really don't know Bath uni in much depth. But I know that UCL, in terms of computer science, sucks. However, if you are intended to go to further study like masters or Ph.D, undergraduate study might not affect you much. (I mean in terms of syllabus and so on, of course you have to get the first to go to other good uni.s for graduate study!)

but UCL is, again, expensive! living cost will chock you. so unless you have ways to get some financial support and so on, Bath.

Yes,actually,the cost is one of the most important things that I should think about... ...
And i do have the itention to go to further study,hence,Bath may be more suitable for me.
Tae-Hwan Lee

Err why are you saying UCL computer science (undergrad) sucks? Are you basing this on anything other than league tables? Its actually quite good!
polar_wrath11
Err why are you saying UCL computer science (undergrad) sucks? Are you basing this on anything other than league tables? Its actually quite good!

I mean I was considering Maths in UCL (and I actually applied for it this year) and found out that the size of the maths department is really small. (a floor of a building and that is it!) the size of the department, in my opinion, shows size or intention of researching particular area there. plus one of my friends is going to UCL maths and absolutely hates it.

Computer science, since it is highly related to mathematics, will be considered the same. and of course, league table also reflects something too.

But I am not saying UCL is 'bad'. It is good, but compared to Bath... time to think

Latest

Trending

Trending