The Student Room Group

Remarking, advice please!

Hey everyone,

I went into my exams with a high B in economics, the eco exams went well, but it turns out i dropped major marks and missed my firm place (cardiff) by 1(!) UMS mark. I've sent both economics papers back for a priority remark and the school posted them on the 19th. Cadiff said they have to accept me if I get a mark up before te 31st of august, What are my chances?

i'm goin mad here, having to take a year out to make up one mark just seems like something i dont want to have to do! Thanks in advance,

G
i've had to have a paper remarked too and the examination officer at my school saif it will be back def within 10days. so you will get it by then.
Reply 2
twinkledust
i've had to have a paper remarked too and the examination officer at my school saif it will be back def within 10days. so you will get it by then.

Cheers for your help, anyone else been told how long they usually take?

G
Reply 3
i rang aqa up they said a priority remark shoul take a max of 20days but is usually done before that
Reply 4
I fyou still want a remark, but not a priority one, does anyone know by what date the papers have to be sent off by?
Reply 5
katy1986
I fyou still want a remark, but not a priority one, does anyone know by what date the papers have to be sent off by?

That's sometime in September. I think it's the 16th.
Reply 6
im almost certain my letter said the 19th although i cant find it at the moment, i should cos im gonna see if i cant get lucky and bump my history 8 marks up to an a :smile:
Reply 7
hi everyone, im also having the same type of remark dilema,i was wandering would 2UMS marks would be worth the remark, to push my grade up to an A?
remarks are worth it guys, i got one of my psyhcology papers remarked in yr 12, they gave me a C which i was happy with but thought id done better, so sent it back and was actually a bloody A.!

Latest

Trending

Trending