The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

O-Ren
White is not a scientific term, there really isn't any such thing as a white race. There never has been in genetics. People who use the term white tend to apply it to Caucasians who originate from modern day Europe, hence why Middle Eastern don't identify themselves as 'white'.

If there wasn't a Muslim-Christian divide I wonder if people would be so keen to make a distinction between Caucasians from modern day Europe and Caucasians from the middle east. I think probably not.

Regardless of religious beliefs, there are cultural differences which contribute to a groups identity and ethnicity.
Reply 141
Defo agree.
Reply 142
I wouldn't say it is necessarily true, as my mixed step-family is definitely an exception. They're all Chinese-English mixes, and I wouldn't say any of them would be seen as typically attractive, and they are all far from successful.

A lot of mixies are attractive, I'll admit, but that can easily be said for any group of people.
This thread made me happy : )
I'm mixed race and sometimes I wonder if I'm kinda like ruled out for some boys. The most popular, 'fancied' girls that also happen to be my best friends have either:
blonde
dyed blonde
blonde highlighted hair

the white boys that do like me seem to find me pretty in the extreame though so maybe it's a love or hate thing ?
exoticness ftw
Winnieee
I am mixed race.
And pretty successful so far :smile:

Oh and very pretty :wink:

hahahah +rep for the honest truth!
Reply 145
ipulledhermione
hahahah +rep for the honest truth!

You are my favourite person.

EVER.

hahaaa x

Families are becoming more mixed every day across the globe... I'm an Aussie and my wife is Chinese - our kids were born in Singapore (where we live)... the huge number of people in similar situations to us is amazing!

So much so, we have setup a networking group site dedicated especially for mixed familes and mixed kids... http://www.jaimezheng.com/

It's sorta like Facebook for mixed families... pics, vids, chat, forums, blogs, games... come join us - we don't do this for money - just to celebrate diversity!! We are brand new...

"Regardless of race, culture or ethnicity, we are One World!!"