The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Help, Please

Basically i put Notts down as a 5th choice, had never visited it, and was got an offer for History early october. I thought no more of it as I was more interested in going to Bristol or Southampton, so i didnt visit on any of the allocated visit days. I am clearly an idiot, as now i have only been offered between here and Southampton, which i have visited. My parents want me to come here because it is AAA as oposed to southamptons offer of AAB. So a few questions if you will...

Should i study history at Notts, opinions, experiences etc.

What is Notts nightlife like, i am strongly involved in electronic music in London, dubstep, drum and bass etc. is there a strong scene?

Where should i apply for accomodation etc. opinions?

I am coming up to visit this saturday but as students are on break etc. will just be for a general look. If anyone really wanted to show me round a little i would appreciate that but thats obviously being hopeful.

This information is probably spread out around this forum but im starting to panic now sorry. If anyone could offer any comparison between Notts and Sotton that would be helpful aswell.

Thanks in advance...
Reply 1
If you're into your electronic stuff, then notts is the place to be if im honest. Stealth nightclub plays host to Detonate - which to my awareness is the biggest drum n bass/dubstep night outside of London. Detonate also run Countdown - probably the countrys biggest new year dnb night and indoor festival on may bank holiday which is huge. Music scene in general is great and theres always an alternative night out any night of the week.

Cant advise you on accomodation, but ive applied at Broadgate, and unfortunately i cant comment on southampton because ive never been there.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Notts has a really good nightlife-I used to live in Southampton, and the nightlife is so much better here!! Also, the campus in Nottingham is really nice, as someone who has a fairly good idea of Southampton uni, i'll be honest and say I think Notts is a much nicer, and prettier uni, in general. I'm sure some people might disagree but that is my opinion.
For accommodation I would recommend halls in first year; you may be a tad late for catered halls (not too sure) but self-catered are good too. I would probs suggest Broadgate Park if you are applying self-catered as it is near the history building, and maybe Ancaster, Florence Boot or Nightingale if you want to go catered!
I'm a first year history student at Notts, so if you have any questions I may be able to help! :smile: I was in a similar situation to you last year and I know how confusing choosing between unis is! Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending