The Student Room Group

Reapply?! Help!

Poll

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I'M STILL CONFUSED.

I've firmed Exeter for English. I don't wanna be a secretary forever. The prospect of this being my future worries me greatly. I want a good paying job in the political spectrum without standing for public office.

Would withdrawing from UCAS and then reapplying for the following help me? Or should I just stick with English?

PPE at Oxford/Warwick etc

Politics at Bristol, Warwick etc

Law maybe somewhere?

I'm asking mainly because of job prospects. I have an big interest in Politics (I sometimes canvas, watch all the politics shows, enjoy debating) but I like studying English too, even if I'm not that enthusiastic about it (I'll read books when prompted to and enjoy them but don't pick them up of my own accord). English seemed like a more academically challenging option, as my experience of Politics has been learning things by rote while English was more analysis.

Anyway, what do you suggest? I wanna do internships too at political institutions (would like to go for UN, or Westminster, or Whitehall) or perhaps in a judicial institution.

So, am I better off reapplying or just going for English and interning? HELP!
Hey - what were your A-level's like? because for Oxford, you'll obviously need 3A's! If you want to take a gap year and re-apply for a subject you'd really enjoy at places like those, then you have to do it. You have to decide which subject you'd prefer. You may even be able to swap to politics at exeter?! You really need to think it through - go for the subject and what you'll enjoy studying, more than job prospects, if you get a 1st or 2:1, you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 2
littlehobbit
Hey - what were your A-level's like? because for Oxford, you'll obviously need 3A's! If you want to take a gap year and re-apply for a subject you'd really enjoy at places like those, then you have to do it. You have to decide which subject you'd prefer. You may even be able to swap to politics at exeter?! You really need to think it through - go for the subject and what you'll enjoy studying, more than job prospects, if you get a 1st or 2:1, you'll be fine :smile:

Hey, I'm on for AAAc in Politics, Eng Lit, Maths and the AS in French. I've checked the syllabus at Exeter for Politics and I don't really fancy it. Thanks for that though, if the job prospects are that similar then it might not be worth it.
If you don't fancy politics at Exeter, then a gap year and reapply sounds perfect for you :smile: good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending