The Student Room Group

Anyone Need Hair Help????

Scroll to see replies

Hey, just wondering If you have any advice on controlling a 'cowlick'.

I have a fringe but obviously this gets in the way a bit. Ive tried straightening it but that just seems to reinforce it :s-smilie:

any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Hi Scott,

I'm 22 and I have a rather high M hairline (Widows peak). At present I have a long fringe and that covers it up unless I hold my fringe up. However, I was thinking about getting a short, simple, buzz cut look all over but I'm not sure if this would work with the hairline I have. Would you recommend a short, buzz cut look with a widows peak?
Hi, at the moment I've got a bit of a nothing haircut, just let it grow from a number 3 to what it's like in the first attachment. I'm not really sure what the best haircut for me is or how to get it cut and styled :/
What is the mens haircut called where it starts of short around the ears and nape and then gets longer till you get to the top of your head. I think it's called a taper cut or something. But I don't want it shaved really short either and want it quite long on the sides, because I have a fairly long/ narrow face. What measurements would I ask for? Thanks alot.
Heya,

I've wrecked my hair from years of dyeing it black - used the Scott Cornwall Colour Remover, but it barely made a difference (I mainly use XXL black though, so hardly surprising!)

Just want to know if it's worth trying to remove the colour a couple more times? Or use semi-permenant colour - if I do, does black semi-permenant colour stain anyway? And does Scott Cornwall Colour Remover remove black semi-perm??

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to get rid of perm colour asap!
Anyone know any good products for damaged hair? I've considered shaving it all off :tongue: it also gets greasy quickly therefore I have to wash it every second day!
Hello! I was just wondering how to put the shine back into my hair - it used to be really shiny and healthy looking, but now it looks quite dull. Also, hairdressers used to comment on how healthy it looked but now it ends up in tugs after washed and needs conditioner to bring some shine.

Could this reflect on my health/lifestyle? My health/lifestyle hasn't been good recently and my skin isn't in the best of conditions either, so thought they'd be interlinked.

Also, I'm looking for more 'oomph' in my hair, permanently, without the need of products, since my hair is fine. Would getting my hair cut in layers help this?
Original post by LFChrispy
Hi, at the moment I've got a bit of a nothing haircut, just let it grow from a number 3 to what it's like in the first attachment. I'm not really sure what the best haircut for me is or how to get it cut and styled :/

I love your hair colour btw :biggrin: it's really nice!
Original post by DanielleT192
I love your hair colour btw :biggrin: it's really nice!

Erm thanks I guess.... it's naturally turned from blonde to a browny colour over the years :smile:
To be honest, I think it's more the light there that makes it look like that lol :colondollar:
Erm thanks I guess.... it's naturally turned from blonde to a browny colour over the years :smile:
To be honest, I think it's more the light there that makes it look like that lol :colondollar:

erm its ginger
Original post by rugbyladosc
erm its ginger

Tell me it's ginger :angry:
Tell me it's ginger :angry:

Original post by rugbyladosc

Is everything in your house ginger? joking kid, nice colour actually, get it like that first pic you uploaded- longer on top looks decent
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 193
hey, i know this is abit general and can depend on lots of other factors, but what style would you recomend to a tennage guy with thick hair? atm it's kinda long (just above sholders) i want it kinda short but not too short, any help would be good, thanks!
Hi, I'm a guy and I've had pretty crap hair for 19 years. I'm really struggling to find a decent haircut, and the barbers in the area I live are absoloutley useless.

Is there any chance I could Email you a picture of myself for some tips as I am kinda desperate!

Would be EXTREMELY greatful
Reply 195
hey scott :smile:

over the past two years i have dyed my hair about 6 times always trying to cover up the previous hair dye, one of these times it was permanent and the rest semi permanent. ive used garnier herbashine, boots own brand, loreal casting creme gloss and the last time i dyed it was half a year ago where my hair dresser used peroxide and ash hair colour to try and match my normal colour which is actually a light natural brown. just yesterday i saw your product colour b4 advertised and was wandering if it was going to turn me ginger like quite alot of peoples from what i have found looking at reviews and forums and what ive found with all the hair dyes i used (except the boots semi-permanent) is that my hair always turns slightly ginger once i dye it and the reason i keep dying it is to cover the ginger tones.

would you reccommend using your colour b4 product? and if so the extra strength one or not? :confused:

any advice would be great thankyou, but i just really want to return to my normal colour and keep it like that forever as im sick of hair dye and gingerness but its 7 months and my hair has only grown around half an inch/slightly more, and i dont want to wait like 3 years for my natural colour :frown:

oh and ive been using FHI's at full temperature (232degrees) and a hairdryer about every 2 days on my hair so that will probably affect my hair will turn out after using your product
thankss xx
Hi Scott

I have long hair (half away my back), I really like it. But if I try to put it up it will always fall down after a few minutes, bobby pins won’t work either because my hair is quite thick.
So actually the question is I want such a nice festive haircut which is easy to make, but I can’t find anything :frown: So if you could help me, you would make me incredible happy!

Thanks
Reply 197

Some help please...
What length clipper would this be?/How should I ask for it cut to get it done like this? Just a number 'x' all over?

Cheers
Reply 198
Hey guys I got bored of my hair and I have decided to go for Faux Hawk.
Which salon should I go to and how much it will cost me for a Faux hawk?
Also, which product should I buy to style my hair afterwards?
The best combination of quality/price you can think of.

Thanks!
Reply 199
Hi, I desperately need help, I just used your colour b4 on my home dyed black hair, it removed all the colour from about 2-3 inches from my root but the rest is still a dark Auburn colour, I did a test on on the treated hair for a level 1 wash out and the hair went back to black APART from the roots which went a bright red ( I wanted a mahogany red) I tried a 2nd time to remove just the darker hair, it did make it a shade lighter but still the hair is so porous it went back to black.

I followed the instructions to the letter rinsing for a good 10 minutes each time and buffering properly my hair is so many different colours im not so bothered about it being the mahogany that I want I just want it 1 colour and not black!!

Any advice is greatly appreciated, right now I look like a crazy woman and I just want to cry!!!:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending