The Student Room Group

Anyone Need Hair Help????

Scroll to see replies

Hey Scott, well I have curly hair and I have trouble keep my hair straight after I straighten it. Also my hair is dry, what would you recommend for dry, curly hair management?
Reply 321
Hiya Scott!
I'm really stuck on what to use for my hair. For the past four years I've been dying my hair using packet dye and ranged from black to blonde in hair colour. It's taken me a year to get from dark brown back to a reasonably blondish colour through highlights at hairdressers, but it's getting too expensive for me!! I'm considering using XXL live ice blonde on my light brownish/blonde highlighted hair but really worried it will turn ginger or patchy like I've previously had. If this isn't a great product, what can I use that's going to be strong enough to dye my hair light blonde without going to the hairdressers? Please help?!
Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 322
Hi..... Umm im going to try some new type of hair style but I really need your help to choose from them... I mean there are loads of different hair styles! Anyway my hair is waist long and naturally jet black in colour and it's straight........ Can you give me some ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 323
Hi I was just wondering if anyone had any advise please.
I am naturally dark brown and have died my hair with koleston 12/0 and 12% peroxide for the last 13 years. I was recently sick of being blonde and so approximately 1/2 months ago I decided to have some darker lowlights put through my hair. As my hair was a bit orangey near the roots, the hairdresser put in a few bleach blonde highlights around the crown area to get rid of the brassy tones... I was advised by my hairdresser to continue dying my roots with 10/1 koleston this time and had the low lights and few bleach highlights through my hair twice over the last 2 1/2 months.
I decided I wanted to go dark so used xxl chocolate colour and within 10 days used the xxl colour to go black.... I did these at home ...
I absolutely hated it and now want to go back to my blonde again. I have used the colour b4 remover which took it a gingery colour and then I put a loreal paris recital preference 10.1 straight over it. I have done this today. My hair is now a very dull brown colour. Please can someonw advise how I can get back to blonde. I really didnt want to use bleach all over but am tempted to run to the chemist after work tomorrow and buy some bleach to get it back blonde... is there another way of getting it back blonde... any advise would be greatly appreciated xxx
What is best hair product wax/clay/fibre for medium length hair with medium hold with matt finish i use tigi matte serpations wax it not so easily to work though when hair is longer. Any idea guys thanks
I am facing hair loss problem since two years.Its hurting me a lot.Help me out please.
Original post by ScottCornwall
Hi There,

That is a short back and sides haircut that has more length at the front. If you want to get your hair like that, use Sea Salt spray after washing and blast it upward (at the top and front) with a hairdryer. You might need to buy a small barral round brush and take the nozzle of the hairdryer and start rolling the front of the hair backward as you direct the airflow into it. This will help give it the shape. Then just keep pulling the rest with your hands.

Sea Salt spray will give it the texture when you dry.

Kind Regards

Scott

Hi Im trying to get sort of the zayn malik quiff thing going and my hair is really thick just wanted to know what should i tell them barber and also what kind of products should i be using?

thanks!
Reply 327
Hi, i was wondering how to get my hair like this: tumblr_mg9imuo15o1qg22hlo1_1280.jpg mariano-di-vaio-47108086.jpg

what lengths do i need on the sides/back and top, which product would you recommend me using and how would i style it (i.e would i blow dry it with a round brush etc) ? thanks
Wanna hair cut but don't know wha STYLE. " I've got long hair on the front and short on the sides so could u help me with that?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, need your help.

I am naturally black haired and have had red highlights for about 9 months. Never bleached but the colour really seeped in and its still redish now. I'm thinking of changing the colour of these highlights to either blue or violet. Planning to do it on my own cause hair services in UK is so expensive.

Wondering what will happen if I dyed my whole head the intended colour? Would the highlights be the only parts with real effect as they are lighter in colour while the black parts just stay mostly the same? Or does it depend on what kind of dye i use? Am really clueless about this and would appreciate any advice at all. Thanks!
My scalp hair is very rough and need help to make hair soft and smooth. can any one help me.
Reply 331
Hello, what shampoo is the best to use to obtain as good, nice and healthy hair as possible? My hair is dark brown, havent dye it, and Im a guy.
Reply 332
I recently got my hair ironed. I have naturally curly hair. But to my surprise, when I washed my hair, they didn't took their natural shape. I don't want permanent straight hair.Please help !
Reply 333
Every time I wash my hair lately it ends up really clumpy and greasy in the same places. I've tried changing shampoos, showering instead of baths, pretty much everything. I don't know why this is?
Reply 334
If anyone needing hair help feel free to visit http://www.yourbeautyschool.com/category/hair-styles/.
Reply 335
I used colour b4 extra strength as said last night and rinsed for 10 minutes (timed it!) lathered up loads of the buffer and left for a minute then rinsed, added some more buffer and rinsed.

My hair is a gingery/light brown however I went and looked at the buffer and there is still lots left in the bottle. I am slightly concerned should I apply more? As in.. should I get in the shower again today and apply the whole bottle of buffer? As I do really want to dye it brown again.

Thanks
Reply 336
Hi there,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've always been told to get blonde highlights because I have light brown hair that obviously goes lighter in the summer... in fact it's like I almost have blonde highlights in the right light!
I decided to do it now and a couple of people have recommended a cream peroxide/bleach powder mixture and just to highlight strands myself, but I'm scared I'll end up with uber bleached stripes that won't blend... is there a good way of highlighting my hair with bleach (as I can't really afford to go to the hairdressers) with it still looking natural or what would you recommend?
Reply 337
Hi, I have a couple of questions:
Firstly, my hair is naturally very curly (which I hate), so I straighten it every morning. I also wash my hair at least once per day. Will washing and straightening it that often damage it?
Secondly, I have a lot of trouble styling my hair... I have long hair and try to use wax or putty after straightening it for a messy look, with my fringe to one side. I'm not sure what the best way to do his is though, as I usually just get some product in my hand an then aggressively rub my hair with it. This rarely works, is there any sort of technique you could recommend to style my hair in this way?
I also find that regardless of what my hair looks like after I've finished trying to style it, it has flopped down into a greasy flat mess after 15 mins. Should I use hairspray to hold it once I'm done?

Many thanks :smile:
Original post by Derp96
Hi, I have a couple of questions:
Firstly, my hair is naturally very curly (which I hate), so I straighten it every morning. I also wash my hair at least once per day. Will washing and straightening it that often damage it?
Secondly, I have a lot of trouble styling my hair... I have long hair and try to use wax or putty after straightening it for a messy look, with my fringe to one side. I'm not sure what the best way to do his is though, as I usually just get some product in my hand an then aggressively rub my hair with it. This rarely works, is there any sort of technique you could recommend to style my hair in this way?
I also find that regardless of what my hair looks like after I've finished trying to style it, it has flopped down into a greasy flat mess after 15 mins. Should I use hairspray to hold it once I'm done?

Many thanks :smile:

--
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi all,

Could do with some advice - I dyed my hair a mid-brown for around three years, and then decided to grow it out, because in the sun always made the colour fade with orangey undertones which I hated... Also the condition of my hair was not great. My natural colour is light brown/dark blonde, but a couple of weeks ago I decided to use a semi-permanent brown over the top so that it would just cover my roots, which were slightly horrific. I used a 24 wash semi-permanent over my whole hair, in the shade 'lightest golden brown' (clairol) which has made my hair an even more orangey brown. I absolutely hate the colour as it looks almost orange in the sun. The other issue is that because it is such a long semi-permenant it has really affected the condition of my hair again, just after I'd got it back to a state I was happy with, which is annoying. I thought about using colour b4, but I don't think you can dye it straight away and it's bound to go orange, which is exactly what I am trying to get rid of. I'm happy to spend the money and go to a salon, but I fear they might not dye it straight away if they strip out the colour and I just don't want to leave my hair orange for any amount of time...

Anyone have any ideas?! I want to at least get rid of the orange tint, even if it has to remain darker than I want it. Thanks in advance!

PS. I've stop using all heat products and want to avoid a horrific amount of damage to my hair...

Quick Reply

Latest