The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im doing the inequality paper tuesday and taking a bit of a risk and not revising class or age because they came up in january. also, in the methods bit case studies and observation came up in january so know what they are but dont panic about learning them off by heart! perhaps be able to compare them to quantitative methods (questionnaires, structured interviews etc)

its an odd exam because sometimes i know what the questions wants but there are some potentially ***** questions they could ask. anybody else a bit like 'eh?!' when it comes to this exam?!
Reply 21
LilyPet91
im doing the inequality paper tuesday and taking a bit of a risk and not revising class or age because they came up in january. also, in the methods bit case studies and observation came up in january so know what they are but dont panic about learning them off by heart! perhaps be able to compare them to quantitative methods (questionnaires, structured interviews etc)

its an odd exam because sometimes i know what the questions wants but there are some potentially ***** questions they could ask. anybody else a bit like 'eh?!' when it comes to this exam?!

Do you have any evidence to put in to essays?
I did a question yesterday- Outline the evidence to show some groups are marginalised in society, So do you have any evidence cause all I can think of is Hutton's 30-30-40
LilyPet91

That's quite a huge risk. In Specimen paper, gender and class came up. Will you not be eliminating those? Because they do not usually repeat them.

I am just skipping Age, but is perfectly fine as you get two options and choose one. Keep in mind that OCR has repeated its Jan questions in June.
Reply 23
but really I am doing both race and gender and its likely that one of those will come up as a question. Definetely not doing age. surely OCR won't repeat the jan paper because they have a certain amount of years to ensure that all possible questions are asked - why would they waste a slot by repeating?! Havn't seen the specimen paper but if gender came up its increases the statistical likelihood of race coming up doesnt it? OCR really have been next to unhelpful about how much detail they want us to have! Never mind, it will all be over soon!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending