The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
stacy_j91
Well Hispanic studies is Spanish and Portugese...are you starting Spanish as begginers because I'm doing it post A-Level...so I don't think it is the same course as such!

yep im doing begginers so I'm guessing not the same course! lol
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
LauraWxxx
yes! so exited about the placement year!! haha what course are you doing?

is it at a uni or something? that would be so cool. have you seen the campuses in china and malaysia? They look sooo nice!
Im doing management studies, and i think you can apply for a placement year somewhere if you do really well in first year. Id love to travel, and learn a language so i might try and get one, but i am soooo rubbish at learning languages haha and thats not even an exaggeration :p:
Reply 42
TheOriginalTinyT
Heh, aww no! Ah well, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Hah, you're like me then, you applied to Notts twice? I applied for English & Philosophy and straight English Studies, but pretty much had my heart set on E&P.
The course at Nottingham appealed to me from the very start though, and then after visiting I pretty much knew that it was my favourite, so I thought it was better to apply twice and give myself a wider base.

Oh really? Yeah, that was kinda what I was thinking as well. I dunno, I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of Medieval English, but that might just be because people give it such a bad press that I want to see what it's like for myself. I get the feeling I'd probably agree with them though, so Drama's probably the safer bet!
Also, the Drama lecturer at the open day made me laugh. He was so... dramatic.

Seriously though, don't let me deter you from doing Medieval!!
stacy_j91
Seriously though, don't let me deter you from doing Medieval!!

Haha, nono, I think you're right. To be honest, I say that I'm trying to decide between the two, but realistically I think I know that I'm going to pick Drama :P

I Hope, I Think, I Know... Huh... Anyhoo.

But yeah, I get the feeling that I'd find Medieval less appealing once it had lost the mystery of what it would be like to do.
Also, have you guys seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiE4sTOuV-Q

It's from last September's Freshers Address, looks pretty cool :smile:
Reply 45
rosysilhouette
is it at a uni or something? that would be so cool. have you seen the campuses in china and malaysia? They look sooo nice!
Im doing management studies, and i think you can apply for a placement year somewhere if you do really well in first year. Id love to travel, and learn a language so i might try and get one, but i am soooo rubbish at learning languages haha and thats not even an exaggeration :p:

yepp it would be in like a University in Spain or I'm guessing i can choose somewhere in Latin America too? :smile: you can also work in the placement year but i'd prefer to study at a uni there!

Deffo apply for a placement year, would be awesome! haha how about going to like language classes, im sure they would do classes outside of your course? then maybe you will get better at learning them :P haha
Reply 46
TheOriginalTinyT
Also, have you guys seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiE4sTOuV-Q

It's from last September's Freshers Address, looks pretty cool :smile:

omg that was sooo cool! :O would we get one like that this year?
LauraWxxx
omg that was sooo cool! :O would we get one like that this year?

I think so, they seem to have videos of it going back to 2006, so I'd imagine they will! :biggrin:

Just had a look at the 2008 one as well. Pretty damn impressive.
TheOriginalTinyT
I think so, they seem to have videos of it going back to 2006, so I'd imagine they will! :biggrin:

Just had a look at the 2008 one as well. Pretty damn impressive.

omg that looks incredible :smile: random stuff like this gets me really excited for September

:woo:
stacy_j91
I'm going to pick Drama as the girl I know who is doing the same course as me (she's about 2 years older than me) said she knew people who picked the Medieval English module and it was very tedious and quite boring!!

Medieval sucks balls. Drama's an easy grade.
LauraWxxx
yepp it would be in like a University in Spain or I'm guessing i can choose somewhere in Latin America too? :smile: you can also work in the placement year but i'd prefer to study at a uni there!

Deffo apply for a placement year, would be awesome! haha how about going to like language classes, im sure they would do classes outside of your course? then maybe you will get better at learning them :P haha

Spain, Cuba, Mexico, Argentina, Chile are the university links. Any Q's about the course I'm a third year.

English too for anyone out there.
Reply 51
Brotherhood
Spain, Cuba, Mexico, Argentina, Chile are the university links. Any Q's about the course I'm a third year.

English too for anyone out there.

omg cool! :smile: how's the course going? do you learn alot of the language from the first two years?
crowsoverhead
omg that looks incredible :smile: random stuff like this gets me really excited for September

:woo:

Hahaaa, it's cool isn't it? :biggrin:
Yeahh, definitely, it should be amazing :smile:

Can't wait for more people to join the Facebook group and start talking on there too. I guess maybe more will appear a bit nearer the time.

Brotherhood
Medieval sucks balls. Drama's an easy grade.

Cool, interesting to hear from someone actually doing the course. Mmm, I think I'd pretty much decided on Drama anyway :smile:
LauraWxxx
omg cool! :smile: how's the course going? do you learn alot of the language from the first two years?

Course is good yeah. I'm pretty lazy tbh but it's there to learn if you want to. Most of your progress is going to come on the year abroad and in the final year. It's very much about independant learning.
Reply 54
Brotherhood
Course is good yeah. I'm pretty lazy tbh but it's there to learn if you want to. Most of your progress is going to come on the year abroad and in the final year. It's very much about independant learning.

lol cool :smile: are you on your year abroad atm?
LauraWxxx
lol cool :smile: are you on your year abroad atm?

Yep, spent first semester in Granada and second in Valencia. Can't recommend them both enough. I'm having the best year of my life. Off to Ibiza in five days. :gthumb:
Reply 56
Brotherhood
Yep, spent first semester in Granada and second in Valencia. Can't recommend them both enough. I'm having the best year of my life. Off to Ibiza in five days. :gthumb:

wow omg jealous!! have fun! :biggrin: what are you doing there? working or studying at a Uni?
LauraWxxx
wow omg jealous!! have fun! :biggrin: what are you doing there? working or studying at a Uni?

Did Erasmus both places. From what I've seen and experienced (and speaking to my working friends) Erasmus is the best thing to do by a country mile in like 99% of cases. There's a reason post-Erasmus syndrome exists. Have you been accepted already?
Reply 58
Brotherhood
Did Erasmus both places. From what I've seen and experienced (and speaking to my working friends) Erasmus is the best thing to do by a country mile in like 99% of cases. There's a reason post-Erasmus syndrome exists. Have you been accepted already?

yeh i am looking to do Erasmus. Yup got unconditioncal offer :smile: i just want to go uni like now! lol
Huh. I was reading around about some stuff and came across something that said the rooms in FB have their own individual mini-fridges.... Does anyone know if this is true?

Latest

Trending

Trending